- "It only took a snap in Browns loss" (OBR) - "It only took a snap. The Browns couldn't overcome two key mistakes as they dropped the season opener, 29-10 to the Philadelphia Eagles for the Browns 12th consecutive opening game loss."
- "Griffin III sprains shoulder, says he'll be OK for Week 2" (ESPN) - "Griffin III left Lincoln Financial Field with a sprained left shoulder Sunday, the quarterback said at his postgame news conference following the Cleveland Browns 29-10 season-opening loss..."
- "CLE-PHI grades: Carson Wentz stars in NFL debut" (PFF) - "In exchange for stockpiling resources at other positions, the Browns were committed to rolling with a re-tread at quarterback. The Hue Jackson-RGIII partnership could still flourish, but the first test proved a failure."
- "Week 1: Browns vs. Eagles highlights" (NFL.com) - "The Cleveland Browns take on the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 1 of NFL action." - VIDEO
- "Injuries: Brian Cushing tears MCL, out six weeks" (NFL.com) - "Ian Rapoport reported that Cushing suffered a torn MCL, per a source informed of the injury. Cushing won't require surgery but will miss six weeks."
- "Cowboys are confident that Tony Romo will return to action in Week 7" (CBS) - "Romo continues to make progress from the fractured vertebrae he suffered in his back in the third preseason game and is on target to play in Week 7."
- "Four NFL figures who flopped in Week 1" (USA TODAY) - "Stealing a page from Chuck Pagano’s ‘bad fake punt decisions,’ the new Browns coach actually went for it on 4th and 5 from his own 41 while trailing 7-0 in the second quarter."
- "NFLPA declined invitation for joint concussion protocol investigation" (PFT) - "Instead, the NFL Players Association will conduct its own investigation, under the authority given to the union by the concussion enforcement procedures."