- "Hue Jackson ‘not blinking’ despite losses, rash of key injuries" (C-T) - "Hue Jackson said he almost fell out of his chair Wednesday night when told rookie receiver Corey Coleman had broken his right hand in practice."
- "Is it ‘Hollywood's’ Time?" (OBR) - "His nickname is 'Hollywood'. Rashard Higgins is the most likely candidate to take over in the absence of Corey Coleman, who will miss four to six weeks with a broken hand."
- "Browns still getting to know QB Charlie Whitehurst" (Browns.com) - "The veteran quarterback who joined the Browns roster this past week figured there was a ‘50-50 chance’ he’d suit up for his 11th NFL season."
- "Injuries Making An Already Difficult Season Painful For Browns" (92.3) - "If it hasn’t been incompetence, it’s been injury that has derailed season after season after season for the lovable losers of the NFL."
- "Browns' recent history with rookie QBs not a good omen for Cody Kessler" (ESPN) - "Welcome Cody Kessler, the Browns' third-round pick who is being thrust into the starting lineup sooner than anyone with the organization wanted or imagined."
- "By the numbers: A look at Cleveland's neverending quarterback shuffle" (AP) - "On Sunday in Miami, Cody Kessler is expected to become the 26th starting quarterback for the Cleveland Browns since 1999."
- "Governor's announcement puts Vegas one giant step closer to landing the Raiders" (CBS) - "The plan to build a $1.9 billion NFL stadium in Las Vegas is now one giant step closer to becoming a reality."
- "Injuries: Jackson returns; Marshall sits out practice" (NFL.com) - "The Redskins wide receiver returned to practice Thursday after missing Wednesday's go-around with foot and ankle ailments, per NFL Network's Steve Wyche."