The Cleveland Browns made got their roster down to 53 players on Saturday and there could be a few more moves on Sunday, as they could claim a couple of players off waivers and form their practice squad.
It's always fun to take a brief look at former Browns players who were cut around the league. You may not recognize a lot of these names, as some of them only spent a couple of weeks during the offseason on the team, or maybe a year's worth of training camp. These cuts include players from a week or two ago too:
- Bills - WR Greg Little
- Buccaneers - WR Jonathan Krause
- Buccaneers - DT Ishmaa'ily Kitchen
- Broncos - TE Manasseh Garner
- Cardinals - TE Ifeanyi Momah
- Chiefs - OL Reid Fragel
- Cowboys - WR Vince Mayle
- Cowboys - WR Rodney Smith
- Dolphins - ILB James-Michael Johnson
- Falcons - K Shayne Graham
- Giants - OL Ryan Seymour
- Giants - DE Mike Rose
- Giants - CB Leon McFadden
- Jaguars - WR Shane Wynn
- Lions - LB Jayson DiManche
- Patriots - OL Keavon Milton
- Redskins - OG Vinston Painter
- Steelers - LB Mike Reilly
- Texans - WR Josh Lenz
- Texans - OL Andrew McDonald
- Texans - S Robert Nelson
- Titans - LB Justin Staples
On the bright side, there were some former Browns players survived cuts and made other teams' 53-man rosters. Congratulations to the following players:
QB Brian Hoyer made the Bears as their backup quarterback.
RB Terrance West made the Ravens’ roster and could be their starting running back after the team cut RB Justin Forsett. However, it was noted that Forsett could be brought right back on a cheaper contract.
RB Robert Turbin made the Colts and could be their backup running back.
OLB Barkevious Mingo made the Patriots, and I’m sure a stat-padding fourth preseason game in New England made that an easy choice.
ILB Hayes Pullard made the Jaguars after a strong preseason. He was a 7th round draft choice by the Browns in 2015.
Let us know if there are any players we missed on either list!