- "Kevin Hogan signing not 'an indictment on Cody' Kessler" (Plain Dealer) - "The Browns signed former Stanford quarterback Kevin Hogan to the practice squad Monday, but Hue Jackson stressed it had nothing to do with the progress of third-round pick Cody Kessler."
- "Browns say they're prepared to play, and win, despite extreme youth movement" (C-T) - "As coach Hue Jackson huddled his team Monday before practice, everywhere he looked were fresh faces. The Browns have 17 rookies, and 11 others considered first- or second-year players."
- "Browns hope inexperience is a positive" (OBR) - "The Browns might go into Sunday's season opener with the Eagles with an advantage. Inexperience. That might be a positive way to look at it, but according to Hue Jackson, some of the rookies and young players don't know what they don't know."
- "The 24 quarterbacks to precede Robert Griffin III for the Cleveland Browns are mostly forgettable" (MJ) - "Twenty-five can be a milestone number — 25 years with the same employer, 25 years married to the same spouse. Twenty-five starting quarterbacks in 18 years for one football team?"
- "DA: Ezekiel Elliott won't face charges in alleged domestic incident" (ESPN) - "The Columbus (Ohio) City Attorney's Office announced it has declined to pursue charges against Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott in an alleged domestic violence incident from July involving a former girlfriend."
- "Jared Goff to be inactive for Rams' season opener" (NFL.com) - "When the Rams open their season against the 49ers on Monday Night Football, No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff will be in street clothes and a punter will be the team's emergency third-string backup."
- "Sam Bradford isn't the starter on the Vikings' first official depth chart" (CBS) - "The Minnesota Vikings released their first official depth chart of the regular season on Tuesday. Many players are in their expected places. Adrian Peterson is the first-team running back."
- "Saints release Cortland Finnegan" (PFT) - "The Saints won’t have cornerback Cortland Finnegan on the field in Week One. PFT has learned, via a league source, that the Saints have released Finnegan. The former Titans, Rams, Dolphins and Panthers corner signed with the team last month."