- "Browns announce the addition of 5 assistants" (OBR) - "The OBR reported that most of the names were in the process of being hired or had been hired, but the Browns were waiting to announce them at once and did so in a release Thursday morning."
- "Gregg Williams' tough words make a tough defense?" (Plain Dealer) - "Gregg Williams, the Cleveland Browns new defensive coordinator, said that to the media Thursday, when discussing the pressures of his job."
- "Williams says respect for Hue Jackson drew him to Cleveland" (Browns.com) - "Before Gregg Williams accepted an offer to be the Browns’ defensive coordinator, he took careful note of how head coach Hue Jackson handled the lows..."
- "Who will Browns select with top pick of 2017 NFL Draft?" (NFL.com) - "The Browns own the top overall pick and I was curious to find out what other team executives expect them to do with that selection. Do they fall in love with a quarterback?"
- "Vegas looks to score big win by landing Raiders" (AP) - "Once looked on with disdain by major sports leagues, this gambling city is now just 24 votes away from cashing in on one of the biggest sports jackpots ever."
- "Colts quarterback Andrew Luck undergoes right shoulder surgery" (SI.com) - "Andrew Luck is recovering from successful outpatient surgery to repair a right shoulder injury, Colts owner Jim Irsay said."
- "Le’Veon Bell excused from practice for ‘personal reasons’" (PFT) - "The Steelers need running back Le’Veon Bell for Sunday. Presumably, they’ll have him. On Thursday, they didn’t; Bell wasn’t at practice."
- "Manziel vows to stop being a 'douche' in flurry of tweets" (CBS) - "After a year of nonstop partying, it looks like Johnny Manziel is hoping to turn things around and possibly make a return to football in 2017."