- "Kevin Hogan looks to seize the opportunity before him" (OBR) - "Kevin Hogan wears the number 8 on his jersey, but he will become the 28th starting quarterback for the Browns on Sunday against the Houston Texans."
- "DeShone Kizer: 'I don't play this game to sit on the bench'" (Plain Dealer) - "Kizer will sit this week in Houston while Kevin Hogan makes his first NFL start, but plans to be back on his feet before long."
- "Hue Jackson doesn’t want to talk about not drafting Deshaun Watson" (PFT) - "Given that the Browns passed on Watson twice, they’ll be facing even more scrutiny for the failure to select the quarterback they’ll face on Sunday."
- "Why Is Isaiah Crowell Still Dominating Touches in the Cleveland Browns' Backfield?" (numberFire) - "NFL coaches are a notoriously stubborn group. They don't put in 100-hour weeks and game plan year round just to toss out the script after a few games."
- "Jason McCourty erupts for huge Week 5 performance" (PFF) - "Jason McCourty had a big game against the Jets this past week and with a game grade of 91.6 he was the top graded cornerback of the week."
- "Injury roundup: Vikings QB Sam Bradford (knee) DNP" (NFL.com) - "The Philadelphia Eagles might have two notable reinforcements for their Thursday night showdown with the Carolina Panthers."
- "Tyler Eifert to reportedly undergo season-ending back surgery" (CBS) - "This will be the third back surgery of Eifert's career. And it's not like his back has been the only injury issue of his career."
- "Giants suspend cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie" (AP) - "The New York Giants suspended veteran Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie after the cornerback left the team's facilities before practice Wednesday."