- "For Browns, DeShone Kizer looks like their starting quarterback again and 2017 feels like 2016" (ABJ) - "Hue Jackson continued to indicate Monday he will likely reinsert DeShone Kizer into the starting lineup this week..."
- "Owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam already at another crossroads" (C-T) - "What should owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam do? It’s a simple question with no easy answer. And it must be asked following a not-nearly-as-close-as-it-looks 33-17 loss..."
- "It's open season on speculation of another Browns blow-up" (WKNR) - "Progress report: There comes a point in a relationship when you just know it’s not going to work out. In the NFL, two years is enough time to reach that point."
- "‘Miscommunications,' TD passes foiling a promising Browns defense" (Browns.com) - "Browns defense took a step back during a frustrating Sunday afternoon in Houston that saw a promising group struggle."
- "Injuries: Luke Kuechly held out of drills Tuesday" (NFL.com) - "The Carolina Panthers won't release an official injury report Tuesday, but if they did, linebacker Luke Kuechly would have been listed as a non-participant..."
- "Cowboys' Elliott gets another reprieve, will play vs 49ers" (AP) - "Elliott was granted another legal reprieve Tuesday night in the running back's fight to avoid a six-game suspension over domestic violence allegations."
- "Anthem Protests Meeting Opens Rare ‘Productive’ Dialogue Between NFL Owners, Players" (MMQB) - "It’s beginning to look like there’s a side benefit to the President Donald Trump attack on the NFL over the anthem."
- "NFL ratings continue fall, latest Nielsen numbers show" (ESPN) - "Through the first six weeks of the NFL season, total viewership of games is down 7.5 percent, compared with the first six weeks of 2016."