- "Kizer returns from benching that 'sparked my competitive juices'" (Plain Dealer) - "DeShone Kizer's benching lasted about as long as a toddler time-out in preschool, but it lit a fire under him just the same."
- "Kessler moving up to backup QB role" (OBR) - "While DeShone Kizer moves back into the starting quarterback spot, Cody Kessler moves to the backup role. Kessler has been inactive in every game this season, but that is going to change this Sunday."
- "Can it get any worse than Browns' QBs? Yes! (but not much)" (ESPN) - "Kevin Hogan hasn't played well. DeShone Kizer was even worse. Through six games this season, the Browns' passers have recorded a Total QBR of 21.9."
- "Former cornerback not bitter at Titans now he's with Browns" (AP) - "The Tennessee Titans released cornerback Jason McCourty in April to avoid paying the veteran $7 million and to get younger in their secondary."
- "Injuries: Leonard Fournette to sit out Jaguars practice" (NFL.com) - "Leonard Fournette appears to have escaped serious injury after his leg planted in scary fashion in the Jacksonville Jaguars' loss to the Los Angeles Rams..."
- "Cliff Avril headed to injured reserve, career could be in jeopardy" (CBS) - "Pete Carroll announced that Avril would be placed injured reserve this week in a move that will officially end his season."
- "Chris Long Increases Commitment to Educational Equality, Will Donate the Rest of His 2017 Salary" (AP) - "Chris Long is donating the rest of his year's salary to increase educational equality."
- "2018 NFL draft to be held at Dallas Cowboys' AT&T Stadium" (USA TODAY) - "The Dallas Cowboys' AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, will host the event next April 26-28, the league announced Wednesday."