|OLB||Jamie Collins Sr.||Concussion||DNP||DNP||DNP||DOUBTFUL|
New York Jets
|QB||Josh McCown||Right Shoulder||FULL||FULL||FULL|
|WR||Robby Anderson||Not injury related||DNP||DNP||FULL|
- Nobody is ruled out for the Browns this week, but two players are listed as doubtful: OLB Jamie Collins (concussion) and WR Kenny Britt (knee/groin). Britt figures to be unlikely to play. Collins has not practiced with the team; but I think he actually has a slight chance to play since he was just cleared on Friday. Here is what Hue Jackson said about Collins:
“He ran around today. I will go back and look at the tape and see exactly everything he did because he didn’t do it with the team, being very honest and forthright. We will see exactly where he is and see where he is from an understanding the gameplan situation and kind of go from there. If we think it is close – obviously, you guys know how I am – if a guy doesn’t practice, we won’t play him.”
- Fantastic news for both DE Myles Garrett (ankle) and DT Danny Shelton (calf): although both were limited all week in practice, neither were given the “questionable” designation, so it is expected that they will play against the Jets.
- WR Sammie Coates (hamstring) is over his injury and was a full participant in Friday’s practice. He’s expected to be at full strength on Sunday after missing last week’s game and being hobbled the week before.
- For the Jets, four players are ruled out: RB Matt Forte, DE Kony Ealy, OLB Josh Martin, and CB Darryl Roberts. Forte is their starting back, but the Jets ripped off two 69+ yard runs last week without him. Ealy and Martin are both rotational defensive players, so missing them hurts the Jets’ depth a little. Roberts was a significant contributor as the Jets’ third cornerback before leaving last week’s game to injury.
- Other injury news for the Jets: DL Muhammed Wilkerson and CB Juston Burris are both listed as questionable. Wilkerson should play, but Burris’ status declined as the week went on and could leave New York thin at cornerback with Roberts already out.