- "Hue Jackson vows to make good on 'swim in the lake' promise and do it for charity" (Plain Dealer) - "He vowed Wednesday to make good on his promise to swim in Lake Erie if the Browns went 1-15 again, and they're 0-15 heading into Sunday's season finale in Pittsburgh."
- "Players say they're still behind Jackson, despite team's record" (OBR) - "Despite Browns Owner Jimmy Haslam stating on more than one occasion that Hue Jackson will return in 2018 as the Browns coach, there continues to be rumblings about a change at the top of the coaching staff at the end of the season."
- "DeShone Kizer's rookie season comes full circle in Pittsburgh" (Browns.com) - "With one final opportunity to lift Cleveland to its first win, Kizer wants to deliver a strong performance against the Steelers after an impressive showing against the team's arch rival in the season opener."
- "Browns writers vote Duke Johnson player of the year, Joel Bitonio ‘Good Guy’ Award winner" (ABJ) - "Duke Johnson was voted the team’s player of the year and left guard Joel Bitonio the recipient of the Dino Lucarelli “Good Guy” Award by the local chapter of the Pro Football Writers of America."
- "Injuries: Melvin Gordon (ankle) optimistic for Sunday" (NFL.com) - "Coach Anthony Lynn said the team will evaluate Gordon, who won't practice Wednesday, during Friday's practice, and if he's healthy enough, he'll play Sunday."
- "Giants suspend Apple for finale for 'detrimental' conduct" (AP) - "Interim general manager Kevin Abrams and interim coach Steve Spagnuolo informed him of the suspension."
- "Following crash, vehicle belonging to DeSean Jackson found to contain marijuana, hollow-point bullets" (ESPN) - "Bucs team officials were made aware of the incident by Jackson and are looking into it."
- "Steelers players rip James Harrison, claim that he forced his way out of Pittsburgh" (CBS) - "It sounds like there might be some bad blood between the Steelers and James Harrison."