It's time for the seventh annual Dawgs By Nature Community Mock Draft, where we will collectively do a full-blown mock draft for the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft, as well as the Browns' first pick of the second round.
I will not be participating in the Mock Draft, so that means 33 picks will be open for you to become their "general manager." There are some special stipulations as to who can sign up, so be sure to read how things will work below.
- Each person may only have 1 team, can only make 1 pick per team (if that team has 2 picks), and teams are decided on a first-come first-serve basis. In order to sign up for a team, leave a comment in the comments section AND immediately send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org confirming which email address I should use for you, what team you have, and what your DBN user name is. Make sure you list a specific team -- do not say, "give me any team."
- The New England Patriots, Los Angeles Rams, and Minnesota Vikings do not have a first-round pick, so do not pick that as your team.
- You must be a Browns fan to sign up. In our first attempt to get people to sign up, you must have been a member for at least one month, and you must have at least 100 comments posted on DBN. If we don't have 33 members who sign up after a couple of days, I will open the field to other individuals or see if anyone wants to take on a second team. Note: staff members are eligible to pick a team, but not the Browns.
- To reward members who have been with us for awhile, in order to sign up for Cleveland, you must have been registered at Dawgs By Nature for at least 2 years. Also, we will have different people picking for No. 1, No. 12, and No. 33, so specify which first-rounder you are taking.
- The Saints, Titans, and Browns each have multiple first-round picks. Only one pick per person, and with those teams, you must specify which pick you are taking.
- The draft will be done via email. If you do not check your email every day, then you should not volunteer for this.
- After the first team makes their pick and write-up to me via email, I will send the next person an email. They will have 24 hours to respond to me with their pick and write-up. If I don't receive anything, I will have to consult other sources for the pick. Please be on time if you choose to sign up -- this is meant to be a community mock draft, not my mock draft!
- Please do not "sabotage" teams or be unrealistic. For example, if you are picking in the top five, don't skip a player because you hope he falls to Cleveland. If you skip a player, do it because you truly think that team has a greater positional need. Also, if you have the Steelers or Ravens, don't draft a fifth-round prospect or something so out of the ordinary. You are free to reach on your picks and explain why, but try not to do it unrealistically.
This is what will be required from each person who makes a pick via email:
- Player, Position, School
- One or two paragraphs minimum on why the player is the right choice for that team. This can include comments about them being the best player available, how they fit the team's scheme, etc.
- One to two sentences on how much of an impact you think he will have next season.
- This is not intended to be a draft profile! Remember, base your write-up on why the team needs that player.
Let the sign-ups begin! If you have any questions or suggestions, let me know.
Remember: as soon as you sign up in this thread, if you know you were the first person to pick a team, send me an email at email@example.com telling my your username on DBN, your preferred email address, your username, and what team you have. One of the big things that has slowed us down in the past was the fact that users' e-mail addresses on SB Nation were not the ones they checked regularly.