- "Browns Finally Forge New Identity by Drafting Myles Garrett 1st Overall" (B/R) - "After years of inept decisions and massive draft-day blunders, the Browns are now building toward something with the selection of Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett..."
- "Quarterback-starved Cleveland Browns going hungry again" (MJ) - "For a program that has not had a franchise quarterback since Bernie Kosar, the Browns sure operate on draft day like a team that has one."
- "Browns don't take a QB; Kessler looks like the starter" (PFF) - "The Cleveland Browns drafted three players in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft, surprising many as none of them was a quarterback, leaving Cody Kessler as the presumptive starter..."
- "Garrett at No. 1 should restore shaken confidence" (Plain Dealer) - "Sashi Brown had it all the way, right? Candidly -- as someone in Berea has been known to say -- the Garrett pick should restore some lost confidence..."
- "Both Cleveland and Washington deny Kirk Cousins trade talks" (PFT) - "One of the cannonballs into the pool on a busy news night for the NFL was a report from its own network that the Browns were trying to trade for Washington quarterback Kirk Cousins."
- "Peppers Says ‘I’m Going Into This Thing With High Intensity’" (92.3) - "Browns draft pick Jabrill Peppers joined the Cleveland Browns Radio Network to talk about getting selected in the first round..." - AUDIO
- "Sashi Brown and Hue Jackson are LIVE following day one" (Twitter) - VIDEO