- "Kessler is the man to beat in open QB competition" (Plain Dealer) - "Cody Kessler is the man to beat in an open quarterback competition 'and they've got to take it from him,' Hue Jackson said Saturday."
- "Jackson takes a hands-on approach with rookie QB DeShone Kizer" (C-T) - "Jackson spent rookie minicamp watching every move of quarterback DeShone Kizer, the second-round pick out of Notre Dame."
- "Peppers defends reputation after diluted test" (AP) - "Jabrill Peppers only defended his reputation on the first day of the Cleveland Browns' rookie mini-camp Covering wide receivers will happen soon enough."
- "Work now, have fun later is mantra" (MJ) - "Most of the Browns rookies were at The Q to get a taste of how rabid Cleveland sports fans are. But the one rookie fans would have enjoyed seeing most was not there."
- "Move to Las Vegas could be delayed without conditional stadium lease" (AP) - "The Oakland Raiders and the public entity that oversees their proposed stadium in Las Vegas have a little over a week to agree on a conditional lease..."
- "Jaguars haven’t heard a word from Branden Albert" (PFT) - "The Jaguars officially traded for offensive tackle Branden Albert on the first day of the league year. They’ve heard nothing from him since."
- "eSports look like an important part of NFL's future" (CBS) - "Picking up the sticks and playing some Madden is a time-honored tradition amongst nerds, kids, football fans and anyone who lands in that giant Venn diagram."
- "Transactions: Chargers agree to terms with Tre Boston" (NFL.com) - "Tre Boston has found a new home in sunny Southern California. The former Panthers safety agreed to terms with the Los Angeles Chargers on Friday."