- "Peppers has special teams coordinator Chris Tabor thinking about Josh Cribbs" (ABJ) - "When the Browns drafted strong safety Jabrill Peppers the night of April 27, special teams coordinator Chris Tabor reacted as if he had just hit the Mega Millions jackpot."
- "Jamie Collins shows coaches he's smart and not shy about talking" (C-T) - "The first-team linebackers had been dismissed, but Jamie Collins wasn’t done. As linebackers coach Blake Williams taught the backups how he wanted to defend certain route..."
- "Browns add talent but lack clarity in one key spot" (ESPN) - "The Browns stabilized several positions in free agency and the draft. They bolstered the offensive line in free agency, added three players in the first round of the draft..."
- "Cleveland Browns running game primed for a big season" (DPD) - "It may not be apparent to casual fans, but when the Browns ran the ball they were successful, finishing second in the NFL with an average of 4.9 yards per carry..."
- "Mike Shanahan tried to steer Kyle from coaching profession" (PFT) - "Mike Shanahan tried to steer his son from coaching, something Kyle Shanahan said he will follow his father in doing with his own son."
- "Deal or no deal? The odds for Kirk Cousins, Le'Veon Bell" (CBS) - "In many years there would still be a handful of players on the franchise tag racing to beat the mid-July deadline for contract extensions, but even that is a tepid proposition..."
- "Tom Brady: My dream is to play an NFL game in China" (NFL.com) - "Tom Brady's New England Patriots were scheduled to play a game in China back in 2007, but the preseason contest versus the Seattle Seahawks was ultimately canceled."
- "Jerome Bettis: NFL's been cagey on concussions" (AP) - "Jerome Bettis says the NFL has taken advantage of its players by not sharing with them all the information it had about the risk of concussions."