- "Browns hope Ricardo Louis is the young WR to step up" (OBR) - "The Browns really need one of their second-year receivers to step up. They lost their top receiver from a year ago, Terrelle Pryor, to free agency."
- "One move shows the Browns finally get it" (Shutdown Corner) - "One move from this offseason showed the Cleveland Browns might finally get it. Or, more accurately, it was a move they didn’t make. Most bad teams panic when it comes to quarterback."
- "1999 NFL expansion draft: Look back at the Cleveland Browns' re-entry into the league" (Cleveland.com) - "So, what better time to look back on the Browns' rebirth in the NFL and the 1999 expansion draft? Here are a few things you may have forgotten..."
- "Pilot diesel fuel rebate scam trial set for Halloween in Chattanooga" (WKYC) - "Pilot CEO Jimmy Haslam, owner of the Cleveland Browns football team and brother to Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam, denies involvement and has not been charged."
- "Sources: Raiders, QB Derek Carr close to massive deal" (ESPN) - "The Oakland Raiders and Derek Carr are close to finalizing a deal expected to pay the star quarterback about $25 million per year, league sources told ESPN."
- "Jets LB Lorenzo Mauldin arrested after nightclub incident" (USA TODAY) - "Mauldin was arrested Wednesday for his alleged role in an April incident at a New York nightclub, in which a man says Mauldin attacked him, according to New York police."
- "Patriots sign ex-Jets linebacker David Harris" (NFL.com) - "New England Patriots are signing the former New York Jets linebacker to a two-year deal, per a source involved in the deal."
- "Norv Turner not ruling out a return to coaching at some point" (PFT) - "The longtime coach won’t be on a sideline in the fall for the first time since 1975, but he’s staying connected with the game and isn’t ruling out a return to the profession."