- "Guaranteed money the hangup in rookie Jabrill Peppers' contract negotiations" (C-T) - "The collective bargaining agreement slots Peppers into a four-year contract worth $10.3 million with a signing bonus around $5.6 million."
- "Browns TEs emerging in ‘golden age’ of the position" (Browns.com) - "It all served as something of a window into what Cleveland tight ends coach Greg Seamon described as the “golden age” of the position in more ways than one."
- "PFT preseason power rankings No. 31: Cleveland Browns" (PFT) - "They are No. 31, which isn’t where you’d want to be but it’s still a nice change for the Browns to have someone to look down on."
- "Chiefs stay in-house, promote Brett Veach to general manager" (CBS) - "Veach, formerly the Chiefs' co-director of player personnel, will fill the role that was made available when the team shockingly fired John Dorsey in June."
- "Tutors, Problems and One of the Ugliest Gigs in Football" (MMQB) - "Let’s be honest: intelligence is rarely emphasized when discussing running backs. It’s not because they’re dumb. Ninety nine percent of all NFL players are explicitly not dumb."
- "Eli Manning like LeBron? Damon Harrison explains" (NFL.com) - "Leave it to Giants defensive tackle Damon ‘Snacks’ Harrison to make the Eli Manning-LeBron James comparison we've all been waiting for."
- "North Carolina parents name their baby after Panthers fans' Luke Kuechly cheer" (FTW) - "Football season cannot get here soon enough. The doldrums of the NFL offseason have caused fans to lose their minds."
- "Todd Marinovich attempts comeback with SoCal Coyotes" (ESPN) - "Marinovich, less than one year after being arrested with drugs while naked, wants to play again and is attempting a comeback at age 48."