- "City officials say FirstEnergy Stadium is 'safe and in compliance with Code'" (AP and WKYC) - "The city of Cleveland issued a statement Thursday afternoon regarding an Associated Press report stating that FirstEnergy Stadium may be built from flammable materials."
- "Browns wowed by versatility of Jamie Collins, will find spots to 'cut him loose'" (Browns.com) - "Gregg Williams, the 27-year veteran whom the Browns hired in January, has built five top-five defenses and a Super Bowl winner by fielding the best 11 players, regardless of position."
- "One of 2017's best breakout candidates comes from a surprising team: the Browns" (CBS) - "By almost every measure, the Cleveland Browns are a bad football team. They almost went winless in 2016, which nearly resulted in the world's saddest parade."
- "Patrick Mahomes signs $16.4 million Chiefs contract" (NFL.com) - "Kansas City announced Thursday that Mahomes has signed his four-year rookie contract. As is the case with all first-round draft picks, the team will hold an option for a fifth year."
- "Carolina Panthers release veteran tackle Michael Oher, who failed physical" (USA TODAY) - "The Carolina Panthers released former starting left tackle Michael Oher with a failed physical designation Thursday."
- "Calculating how much O.J. Simpson made from NFL pension in prison" (ESPN) - "The reason the income is O.J.'s, unlike other money he might earn in the future, is because his NFL pension is protected by state law."
- "Trai Turner’s deal is for four years, $45 million" (PFT) - "A league source tells PFT the $11.25 million a year contract includes $20.5 million guaranteed. Turner will receive a $15 million signing bonus."