- "QB coach says Kizer's not ready and ‘he knows it’" (OBR) - "According to quarterbacks coach David Lee, DeShone Kizer still has a chance to be the Browns starting quarterback for the season opener. However, there is a caveat."
- "Quarterback rundown: Brock Osweiler still with the starters" (ESPN) - "Jackson had a lengthy, physical and competitive practice -- with three ‘siren periods’ of live hitting. Two is atypical, three may have set a new standard."
- "Corey Coleman says he’s on track to becoming No. 1 WR, practices like it" (ABJ) - "Corey Coleman gave his definition of a No. 1 wide receiver during an interview before the Browns practiced."
- "Crowell remains calm in final year of contract" (AP) - "He earned $1.54 million over his first three NFL seasons — and repaid the franchise by scoring 20 touchdowns and gaining 2,265 yards on the ground."
- "Irsay: No guarantee Luck is ready for season opener" (NFL.com) - "A murky return timeline for Colts quarterback Andrew Luck became a little clearer Sunday following a pair of comments made by the team's owner and general manager."
- "Mitchell Trubisky's debut causes stir in Bears training camp" (AP) - "Chicago Bears coach John Fox paused to recall when he last had a quarterback whose debut created a stir as great as Mitch Trubisky's."
- "Here's how Ezekiel Elliott could get completely banished from the NFL" (CBS) - "If Elliott doesn't accept his suspension -- or the commissioner's decision in a potential appeal -- the case could potentially drag out as long as Brady's."
- "Leonard Fournette has a foot injury" (PFT) - "Maybe the NFL isn’t as easy as Leonard Fournette thought it would be, after all. The rookie, taken fourth overall in the draft, has a foot injury."