- "Goodell: Gordon's return ‘not under active consideration’" (AP) - "Roger Goodell provided little information Thursday when he was asked during a fan forum if Gordon will be re-instated before this season."
- "Shelton suffers knee injury" (OBR) - "The Browns added another one of their starters to the list that will miss Monday Night's preseason game with the Giants. Defensive tackle Danny Shelton missed practice Thursday and will miss the game."
- "Browns, Hall of Fame make bid to host NFL draft" (MJ) - "The Browns, the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton and the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission have submitted a bid to host the 2019 or 2020 NFL draft in Northeast Ohio..."
- "Hue Jackson responds to criticism of previous National Anthem protest comments" (Browns.com) - "Jackson closed his Thursday press conference with a prepared statement regarding criticism surrounding his previous comments..."
- "DeMaurice Smith: Work stoppage in 2021 ‘almost a virtual certainty’" (ESPN) - "Smith said the union hasn't seen the benefits it thought it would when it agreed to the current CBA."
- "Le'Veon Bell reportedly might not join the Steelers until September" (CBS) - "It's been exactly three weeks since the Steelers reported for training camp back on July 27 and running back Le'Veon Bell still hasn't shown up..."
- "Josh Brown case may be relevant to Ezekiel Elliott appeal" (PFT) - "The fact that Harold Henderson handled the Brown appeal and also will be handling the Elliott appeal makes it even more potentially relevant."
- "Injuries: Thomas Rawls out Friday; Eddie Lacy starting" (NFL.com) - "Thomas Rawls is dealing with a minor ankle injury and will not play in Friday's preseason contest against the Minnesota Vikings..."