- "Franchise practically begging Brock Osweiler to seize starting QB job" (ABJ) - "With all due respect, it looks like Browns 10-time Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas should be flagged for a false start."
- "Browns shouldn’t ruin Kizer by rushing him into starting role" (MJ) - "Kizer’s last real chance to win the job of Browns starting quarterback for the season opener will come Aug. 21 in the preseason game against the Giants."
- "Browns' most prominent concern is quarterback, but it's not only one" (ESPN) - "The quirks of the Cleveland Browns' preseason schedule has led to 11 days between the first and second games followed by three games within 12 days."
- "Why 'small victories' can add up to something big for Browns" (Browns.com) - "DeShone Kizer tossed the game-winning touchdown pass to help lift the Browns over the Saints in last week’s preseason opener."
- "Boldin abruptly retires 2 weeks after signing with Bills" (AP) - "Boldin is abruptly giving up on football to pursue his humanitarian and charitable work just under two weeks after signing with the Buffalo Bills."
- "DeMaurice Smith rips 'greedy' owners, says Roger Goodell 'lied' about conduct changes" (CBS) - "You can see the next collective bargaining nightmare -- and possibly a lockout -- on the horizon for the NFL and NFLPA."
- "Jaguars Coach Says Quarterback Job 'Up for Grabs'" (SI.com) - "Doug Marrone says that he is not pleased with how his quarterbacks are progressing and that the job is anyone's for the taking."
- "Injuries: Shawn Williams (elbow) out 4 to 6 weeks" (NFL.com) - "Cincinnati might not be in as bad of shape in the back end of its secondary as it first appeared. Safety Shawn Williams' dislocated elbow will not require surgery..."