- "Hue Jackson Hopes To Sort Browns QB Situation Out By Wednesday" (92.3) - "The Browns’ quarterback competition has hit the ‘worst case scenario’ stage as the clock is about to strike midnight on it."
- "Browns cut Desmond Bryant" (PFT) - "The Browns have released Bryant, a league source tells PFT. Bryant arrived in Cleveland as a free agent in 2013 and was a starter for three seasons."
- "Tank Carder lost for season with torn ACL injury" (OBR) - "The Browns win over the Giants came at a big cost. Starting middle linebacker Tank Carder is going to miss the rest of the season with an ACL injury."
- "Refocused: Cleveland Browns 10, New York Giants 6" (PFF) - "Kizer was one of seven quarterbacks to play in the game — three for the Giants, four for the Browns — with none of them topping 80 passing yards."
- "Beckham, Marshall being listed as day to day by Giants" (AP) - "Leading receivers Odell Beckham Jr. and Brandon Marshall seemingly avoided major injuries in a meaningless preseason game."
- "Chargers' Max Tuerk attributes four-game suspension to supplements" (ESPN) - "Tuerk is the second Charger who will have to miss time this season for violating the league policy on performance-enhancing drugs."
- "Bill O'Brien names Tom Savage his starting QB over Deshaun Watson" (CBS) - "Bill O'Brien has no plans to rush Watson onto the field. On Tuesday, O'Brien announced that Tom Savage, the 2014 fourth-round pick..."
- "Eight teams have had same QB for at least 10 seasons" (NFL.com) - "For the first time in NFL history, eight teams will be going into this season with the same starting quarterback for at least their 10th straight season."