- "Jackon's decision on DeShone Kizer doesn't change reality of his play" (ESPN) - "Kizer received glowing praise from Jackson after guiding the first-team offense to three points and going 6-for-18 passing in one half of play."
- "Danny Vitale injured against Bucs; will miss time" (OBR) - "There was only injury that Hue Jackson mentioned coming out of the win over the Buccaneers. However, it could be a costly as starting fullback Danny Vitale injured his ankle."
- "Refocused: Cleveland Browns 13, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 9" (PFF) - "While the final stat line wasn’t pretty for Kizer in his first NFL start, there were some encouraging signs to go with the rough moments – notably, a willingness to pull the trigger downfield."
- "Browns vs. Buccaneers highlights | Preseason Week 3" (NFL.com) - "Watch the Cleveland Browns versus Tampa Bay Buccaneers highlights from the third week of the preaseason." - VIDEO
- "NFLPA will decide by October 15 whether to extend De Smith’s contract" (PFT) - "Cyrus Mehri declared his intention to challenge NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith in late August, months before the next election."
- "Dareus accepts responsibility after breaking Bills rule" (AP) - "Marcell Dareus received coach Sean McDermott's message loud and clear after being forced to fly home alone for violating a team rule."
- "Jets reportedly claim Kony Ealy one day after Patriots dump him" (CBS) - "Ealy joins a Jets defense that is stout up front. In addition to his cousin, Sheldon Richardson, there are also defensive ends Muhammad Wilkerson and Leonard Williams."
- "Injuries: Cameron Meredith believed to have torn ACL" (NFL.com) - "Cameron Meredith was carted off the field with his left leg in an air cast after taking a low hit to his knee in the first quarter of Chicago's preseason game against the Tennessee Titans."