Tonight, the Browns are on the road to take on the Bears in their final preseason game of the year. Here are some nuggets about Thursday's contest, as well as how you can watch or listen to the game.
Game Time/Date: Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 8:00 PM ET
Location: Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
TV Channel: WEWS, Channel 5 - Mike Patrick (play-by-play), Solomon Wilcots (analyst), and Andy Baskin (sideline)
Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM)
Online streaming: NFL Game Pass
Weather: 67 degrees (feels like 67). 5% chain of thunderstorms. Winds from NNE at 17 MPH.
Odds: Bears by 3 points.
The NFL Network will re-broadcast the Browns-Bears game on Saturday (Sept. 2) at 1 PM ET.
The following cities will get to watch the game live, per 506sports:
8:00 ET |
Mike Patrick, Solomon Wilcots |
WEWS (ABC/5 - Cleveland)
WBNS (CBS/10 - Columbus)
WTOL (CBS/11 - Toledo)
WYTV (ABC/33 - Youngstown)
WHIO (CBS/7 - Dayton)
SamRosen, Jim Miller |
WFLD (FOX/32 - Chicago)
WIFR (CBS/23 - Rockford)
WYZZ (FOX/43 - Peoria)
WRSP (FOX-55/27 - Springfield/Champaign)
WSBT (FOX/22.2 - South Bend IN)
WANE (CBS/15 - Fort Wayne IN)
WEHT (ABC/25 - Evansville IN)
WAWV (ABC/38 - Terre Haute IN) [tape delay]
WPBI (FOX/16 - Lafayette IN)
KLJB (FOX/18 - Quad Cities)
KFXA (FOX/28 - Cedar Rapids IA)
WOI (ABC/5 - Des Moines)
-The Browns will be wearing brown jerseys, white pants, and brown socks.
White, white, brown for #CLEvsCHI pic.twitter.com/JaNIOC4DxI— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) August 30, 2017
- Since joining the NFL in 1950, the Browns have only had a perfect preseason four times. The team went undefeated in 1950 (5-0), 1962 (5-0), 1982 (4-0) and 1986 (4-0). Cleveland enters this game 3-0 in the preseason.
- After finishing 2016 with a -12 turnover ratio, the Browns have posted a +3 mark during the 2017 preseason, tied for fourth best in the NFL.
- Bears QB Connor Shaw spent two seasons (2014-15) with the Browns after signing with the team as an undrafted free agent in 2014.
- Special teams coordinator Chris Tabor spent three seasons (2008-10) as assistant special teams coach with Chicago.
- Offensive line coach Bob Wylie spent five seasons (1999-03) in Chicago as the offensive line coach.
- Bears offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains was the Browns QBs coach in 2014.
- This marks the 14th straight year that Cleveland and Chicago will face off in the preseason finale. During that span, the Bears lead the series 7-6, but the Browns own a 19-13 edge in the all-time preseason series.
- These two teams last squared in the regular season off on December 15, 2013, when the Bears were 38-31 victors. Cleveland had a 24-17 lead in the 4th quarter, but Chicago ripped off 21 straight points with Jay Cutler leading the way.
- Chicago won last year’s preseason finale 21-7. The Browns’ only touchdown was a 4-yard run by Isaiah Crowell, and Cleveland still had all three of their top quarterbacks getting reps.