Game Time/Date: Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 8:00 PM ET
Location: Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
TV Channel: WEWS, Channel 5 - Mike Patrick (play-by-play), Solomon Wilcots (analyst), and Andy Baskin (sideline)
Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM)
Online streaming: NFL Game Pass
Weather: 67 degrees (feels like 67). 5% chain of thunderstorms. Winds from NNE at 17 MPH.
Odds: Bears by 3 points.
The NFL Network will re-broadcast the Browns-Bears game on Saturday (Sept. 2) at 1 PM ET.
The following cities will get to watch the game live, per 506sports:
8:00 ET |
Mike Patrick, Solomon Wilcots |
WEWS (ABC/5 - Cleveland)
WBNS (CBS/10 - Columbus)
WTOL (CBS/11 - Toledo)
WYTV (ABC/33 - Youngstown)
WHIO (CBS/7 - Dayton)
SamRosen, Jim Miller |
WFLD (FOX/32 - Chicago)
WIFR (CBS/23 - Rockford)
WYZZ (FOX/43 - Peoria)
WRSP (FOX-55/27 - Springfield/Champaign)
WSBT (FOX/22.2 - South Bend IN)
WANE (CBS/15 - Fort Wayne IN)
WEHT (ABC/25 - Evansville IN)
WAWV (ABC/38 - Terre Haute IN) [tape delay]
WPBI (FOX/16 - Lafayette IN)
KLJB (FOX/18 - Quad Cities)
KFXA (FOX/28 - Cedar Rapids IA)
WOI (ABC/5 - Des Moines)
-The Browns will be wearing brown jerseys, white pants, and brown socks.
- Since joining the NFL in 1950, the Browns have only had a perfect preseason four times. The team went undefeated in 1950 (5-0), 1962 (5-0), 1982 (4-0) and 1986 (4-0). Cleveland enters this game 3-0 in the preseason.
- After finishing 2016 with a -12 turnover ratio, the Browns have posted a +3 mark during the 2017 preseason, tied for fourth best in the NFL.
- Bears QB Connor Shaw spent two seasons (2014-15) with the Browns after signing with the team as an undrafted free agent in 2014.
- Special teams coordinator Chris Tabor spent three seasons (2008-10) as assistant special teams coach with Chicago.
- Offensive line coach Bob Wylie spent five seasons (1999-03) in Chicago as the offensive line coach.
- Bears offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains was the Browns QBs coach in 2014.
- This marks the 14th straight year that Cleveland and Chicago will face off in the preseason finale. During that span, the Bears lead the series 7-6, but the Browns own a 19-13 edge in the all-time preseason series.
- These two teams last squared in the regular season off on December 15, 2013, when the Bears were 38-31 victors. Cleveland had a 24-17 lead in the 4th quarter, but Chicago ripped off 21 straight points with Jay Cutler leading the way.
- Chicago won last year’s preseason finale 21-7. The Browns’ only touchdown was a 4-yard run by Isaiah Crowell, and Cleveland still had all three of their top quarterbacks getting reps.