- "Decision to start Osweiler for preseason opener hardly means he’ll be Week One starter" (PFT) - "The Browns have taken great pains to explain the decision to make Brock Osweiler the starting quarterback for the preseason opener."
- "Osweiler feels ‘no gratification’ after being dumped by Texans" (MJ) - "He was playing behind Cody Kessler, who was 0-8 starting for the Browns last year, and ahead of rookie DeShone Kizer and Kevin Hogan."
- "Larry Ogunjobi found trusted adviser in Bengals five-time Pro Bowler Geno Atkins" (ABJ) - "Myles Garrett isn’t the only Browns rookie defensive lineman who has bonded with an invaluable mentor this offseason."
- "Peppers starting to "smack" players around on field" (OBR) - "The Browns are adding a little Pepper to their defense as the second of the Browns top three picks has made his move up the depth chart."
- "Branden Albert changes mind about retiring, wants to return to Jaguars" (ESPN) - "Albert has told the Jacksonville Jaguars that he wants to return to the team, but a league source said the Jags are unlikely to allow him to do so."
- "Gase: Cutler didn't delay retirement to stand on sideline" (AP) - "New Miami Dolphins quarterback Jay Cutler won't play in the team's exhibition opener Thursday, but look for him to be starting soon enough."
- "Veteran CB Brandon Flowers plans to retire Tuesday" (NFL.com) - "Brandon Flowers is calling it a career. The former Chargers and Chiefs cornerback plans to announce his retirement from the NFL on Tuesday after nine seasons in the league..."
- "Boomer Esiason says he 'most likely' has CTE" (CBS) - "On Monday's ‘Boomer & Carton,’ Boomer Esiason and Craig Carton found themselves diving into the much-talked about subject of concussions in football."