- "Jackson says rookie quarterback DeShone Kizer ‘gives us hope’" (ABJ) - "MapQuest isn’t needed to figure out the quickest route for the Browns to reverse their fortunes. It’s rookie DeShone Kizer becoming a legitimate franchise quarterback."
- "Kizer says many of seven sacks were his responsibility" (ESPN) - "Kizer’s self-assessment of his first NFL start brought accountability to the forefront: The Cleveland Browns rookie quarterback said he has to get rid of the ball quicker."
- "Tim Montgomery says Josh Gordon still in rehab but hopes to be reinstated" (Plain Dealer) - "Tim Montgomery, the former Olympic Gold medalist and world-record holder who's been working with Josh Gordon, said the Browns receiver is still in rehab..."
- "Randall Telfer quietly a unifying force in Cleveland community" (Browns.com) - "Randall Telfer visited the Cleveland Fire Department bearing coffees and bagels Tuesday morning as tokens of appreciation."
- "J.J. Watt on finger: It’s still attached" (PFT) - "J.J. Watt isn’t worried about his dislocated finger. It’s ugly but not as ugly as his team’s loss to the Jaguars, so that’s where his focus is."
- "Ravens' Danny Woodhead (hamstring) out 4-6 weeks" (NFL.com) - "The good news is Danny Woodhead is expected to be back this season. The bad news is Danny Woodhead will be out about a month or more."
- "Jim Schwartz strongly denies that he's trying to usurp Eagles' Doug Pederson" (CBS) - "On Tuesday, the Eagles defensive coordinator and former head coach of the Lions made it clear that he's not trying to steal Doug Pederson's job..."
- "Despite Irma, football games in Florida get a go-ahead" (AP) - "Amid the misery in Florida caused by Hurricane Irma, the state still has places to play. The Jacksonville Jaguars were the latest to announce they will play at home this weekend."