- "Britt looks to rebound after drop in opener" (AP) - "Kenny Britt was signed by the Browns to be a playmaker and a leader for their young wide receivers. One game into the regular season, his starting spot is in jeopardy."
- "Zeitler misses practice; wearing cast on right thumb, hand" (OBR) - "Kevin Zeitler was not practicing in the part of practice open to the media as the Browns began their preparation for the Ravens."
- "Joe Thomas about to hit 10,000 consecutive snaps" (PFT) - "Joe Thomas long ago earned the title of NFL Iron Man. He has never missed a game since the Browns made him the third overall pick in 2007."
- "DeShone Kizer prepares for stout Ravens defense" (Browns.com) - "It was a long, productive day of work on his day off and, in his mind, necessary as he dives head first into a week of preparation for one of the NFL’s perennially stout defenses."
- "Texans lose Brian Cushing for 10 games after second PEDs violation" (ESPN) - "Cushing has been suspended 10 games for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances, the league announced Wednesday."
- "Andrew Luck's agent denies speculation by ESPN host that Luck wants out of Indy" (USA TODAY) - "Luck's agent quickly denied Greenberg's comments. ‘The speculation/rumor is simply not true,’ Will Wilson told IndyStar."
- "Wow, Week 1 Of The NFL Was Terrible" (FiveThirtyEight) - "Only three Week 1 games were decided by 7 or fewer points, the lowest number for an opening week in the NFL since 1973, when one game was decided by 7 or fewer."
- "Manziel activates 10-day window for offer from Hamilton Tiger-Cats" (PFT) - "Johnny Manziel has officially told the Hamilton Tiger-Cats to squat or get out of the litter box."