|LB||Jamie Collins Sr.||Concussion||DNP||DNP||DNP||OUT|
|RB||Frank Gore||Not injury related||DNP||FULL|
|OL||Jack Mewhort||Not injury related||DNP||FULL|
|LB||Tarell Basham||Heat exhaustion||LIMITED||FULL||FULL|
- Only one player is ruled out for the Browns: OLB Jamie Collins (concussion). Head coach Hue Jackson had said earlier in the week that if a player didn’t practice, they wouldn’t be playing on Sunday. So even if Collins is cleared on Saturday, he is out. James Burgess will start in place of Collins.
- But then, that makes it contradictory that DE Myles Garrett (ankle) is listed as doubtful instead of out. Garrett is still highly unlikely to play, but I guess we can take it as a sign of encouragement that he could be ready for Week 4 against the Bengals.
- The other injury of note for the Browns is WR Sammie Coates (hamstring), who is doubtful. The hamstring injury is supposedly why it appeared that Coates was not giving effort at the end of last week’s game. Jordan Leslie was called up to the active roster for extra wide receiver depth this week.
- For the Colts, they have a laundry list of players who are hurt. QB Andrew Luck, RB Marlon Mack, WR Chester Rogers, C Ryan Kelly, LB Anthony Walker, and CB Quincy Wilson are already ruled out. For perspective, Luck, Kelly, and Wilson are basically starting-level players, while the other three are reserves.
- In addition, starting CB Vontae Davis is doubtful. If you figure him to be out, then we already know all of the Colts’ gameday inactives for this week. To top things off, they also have WR Kamar Aiken, TE Brandon Williams, S Darius Butler, and CB Chris Milton listed as questionable this week.