- "Browns winning now is 'something you've got to talk to the executive team about'" (Plain Dealer) - "A day after the Browns lost 31-28 to the Colts to drop to 0-3, coach Hue Jackson subtly reminded folks that they're not necessarily built to win in 2017."
- "Defense takes big step back in loss to Colts" (OBR) - "For those who were feeling the Browns have an up-and-coming defense. It could be a big dose of reality. The defense took a big step backwards against the Colts--especially in the first half..."
- "Kizer’s decision-making is good, but accuracy remains work in progress" (C-T) - "DeShone Kizer has thrown seven interceptions in three games to start his career. Coach Hue Jackson said decision-making isn’t the problem."
- "Is there a problem in the secondary?" (DPD) - "The Cleveland Browns entered the 2017 season knowing that the offense was going to struggle with a rookie at quarterback and an unproven group of wide receivers."
- "Injuries: Lavonte David (ankle) to miss a month or more" (NFL.com) - "On top of Sunday's ugly loss to the Vikings, the club on Monday learned they'll go without Lavonte David for ‘a month or more...’"
- "Carson Palmer becomes fourth QB to toss 100 TDs on 2 teams" (ESPN) - "The other three were Kurt Warner (Rams and Cardinals), Fran Tarkenton (Giants and Vikings) and Peyton Manning (Colts and Broncos)."
- "Mike Mularkey: Richard Sherman’s late hit should have cost Seahawks" (PFT) - "Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota scrambled for a 4-yard gain before linebacker Bobby Wagner pushed him out of bounds."
- "Do Toothless Offenses Like The Bengals’ Ever Recover?" (FiveThirtyEight) - "The Bengals entered this year as playoff contenders with a retooled offense that was considered one of the fastest units in the NFL."