- "Haden’s release called ‘crazy,’ Joel Bitonio bemoans John Greco’s departure" (ABJ) - "Browns players on Monday still seemed stunned by the cuts of cornerback Joe Haden, the seventh overall pick in 2010 who was signed hours later..."
- "New WR Sammie Coates hopes Browns can count on him in 2017" (Browns.com) - "Sammie Coates appeared to be on the cusp of a breakthrough before two broken fingers and a groin injury made for a frustrating 2016 season."
- "Browns have four QBs without an NFL win in the group" (MJ) - "Roy Scheider, as Martin Brody, famously advised ‘You’re gonna need a bigger boat,’ when he took one look at the shark in Jaws in 1975."
- "Recent roster moves prove winning in 2017 isn’t top priority" (C-T) - "Owner Jimmy Haslam warned everyone at the start of training camp when he said the expectation wasn’t to win until 2018 or ’19."
- "Luck able to practice but ruled out for Colts' opener" (AP) - "Andrew Luck is entering a new phase of the waiting game. Now that he's cleared to practice, he must convince team officials he's ready to start. It won't happen this week."
- "NFL files motions to dismiss in Ezekiel Elliott case" (PFT) - "The National Football League has filed motions to dismiss the fedearl cases brought by the NFL Players’ Association in support of Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott."
- "Janikowski, Raiders at an impasse over contract" (ESPN) - "Oakland has asked Janikowski, 39, to rework his contract, which calls for him to make $4 million in the final season of his deal, per a source familiar with the situation."
- "No change: Jaguars vs. Texans will be at NRG Stadium" (NFL.com) - "Texans will be in Houston to open the NFL season. Coach Bill O'Brien confirmed Monday that the team will host the Jaguars at NRG Stadium, NFL Network's James Palmer reported."