The practice squad is always fluid, but for fans hoping that Channing Stribling would earn the final spot on the team’s 10-man squad, congratulations are in order.
The undrafted rookie cornerback out of Michigan was signed to the practice squad Wednesday morning, leaving other favorites like wide receiver Jordan Leslie, wide receiver Rannell Hall, middle linebacker Kenneth Olugbode, and defensive end Tyrone Holmes without a team.
Here is the full list of the team’s 10-man practice squad to begin the season:
- RB Terrence Magee (5-9, 220 lbs)
- WR Rashard Higgins (6-1, 198 lbs)
- TE J.P. Holtz (6-3, 240 lbs)
- OL Travis Averill (6-3, 295 lbs)
- LB B.J. Bello (6-2, 229 lbs)
- LB Deon king (6-2, 220 lbs)
- CB Darius Hillary (5-10, 183 lbs)
- CB Najee Murray (5-8, 182 lbs)
- CB Channing Stribling (6-2, 188 lbs)
- S Kai Nacua (6-0, 205 lbs)
Do these players have a chance of contributing in 2017 or 2018? For perspective, the players that began on the practice squad in 2016 and made the most contributions were QB Kevin Hogan, OL Anthony Fabiano, DL Gabe Wright, and S Ed Reynolds. However, heading into 2017, the only one of those players still with the club is Hogan, and it is as a fringe backup quarterback.