- "Browns dealing with plenty of distractions as 2017 opener approaches" (WKYC) - "Another day, another distraction for the Cleveland Browns as they prepare for the 2017 regular-season opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers..."
- "Myles Garrett's injury is just one more head-desk moment for Browns fans" (ESPN) - "Both came across the same way they’ve been all training camp -- respectful, humble, driven, motivated and eager to get into their first NFL game."
- "Browns aren’t running from adversity" (Browns.com) - "The Browns have had better days, but Hue Jackson and players were unanimous in their belief that the team’s recent adversity won’t be a hindrance as it prepares for Sunday’s season opener."
- "DeShone Kizer has brain power and star power. Can he be the one?" (C-T) - "When DeShone Kizer refers to himself as a goofball, he doesn’t mean he’s silly. And he certainly isn’t calling himself stupid."
- "Steelers vs Browns Week 1 game preview" (NFL.com) - "NFL Network's Brian Billick, Shuan O'Hara, and Rhett Lewis preview the Week 1 matchup between the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. the Cleveland Browns." - VIDEO
- "Bengals agree to $38M extension with suspended linebacker Vontaze Burfict" (CBS) - "The timing, then, could be more about how the Bengals handle their negotiations with players and less about trying to make a statement that they support Burfict."
- "DeAndre Hopkins off Texans’ injury report" (PFT) - "DeAndre Hopkins came off the injury report Thursday. His thumb, which he injured in the first preseason game, has fully healed."
- "Chiefs release C.J. Spiller for second time in a week" (NFL.com) - "After chopping Spiller on Saturday during the cut down to the final 53-man roster, the team brought back the backup running back on Sunday."
- "How repeated head blows affect the brain" (AP) - "Researchers are tackling fresh questions about a degenerative brain disease now that it has been detected in the brains of nearly 200 football players after death."