Game Time/Date: Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 1:00 PM ET
Location: FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH
TV Channel: CBS - Greg Gumbel (play-by-play) & Trent Green (analyst)
Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM)
Online streaming: NFL Game Pass
Weather: 66 degrees (feels like 66). 0% chain of thunderstorms. Winds from NE at 9 MPH.
Odds: Steelers by 9.5 points.
The areas in GREEN will get to watch the game live, per 506sports:
- To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Air Jordan XIII, Jordan Brand athletes – including Corey Coleman and DeShone Kizer – will take to the gridiron wearing special Player Edition (PE) colorways of the AJ XIII cleats during the 2017 NFL Season. Each player worked with Jordan Brand to design personal cleats based on their style and team uniforms.
- The Browns will be wearing white jerseys, white pants, and orange socks.
- LT Joe Thomas - With 66 plays, he will reach 10,000 consecutive snaps. It’s also believed to be the longest streak in NFL history. Will move into 12th place on the Browns all-time games played list with 161.
- RB Isaiah Crowell - With 21 rushing yards, will move into 10th place all-time on the Browns’ rushing yards list.
- QB DeShone Kizer - Will join Brandon Weeden (2012) as the only rookies to start a season opener at QB for the Browns.
- The Browns’ 2017 schedule begins and ends with games against the Steelers, marking the first time since 1963 and fourth time in franchise history the team will open and close the year against the same opponent.
- The Browns are seeking their fourth consecutive win at FirstEnergy Stadium, including the preseason, dating back to Dec. 24, 2016.
- Steelers CB Joe Haden was originally drafted by the Browns in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He was released by Cleveland at the end of the preseason, and now will start for Pittsburgh.
- Steelers RB Terrell Watson spent time on the Browns practice squad in 2016.
- Browns WR Sammie Coates was originally drafted by the Steelers in the third round of the 2015 NFL Draft. He was traded to Cleveland last week.
- Dee and Jimmy Haslam were part owners of the Steelers from 2008-12.
- Running backs coach/run game coordinator Kirby Wilson spent seven seasons (2007-13) as the Steelers running backs coach.
- Steelers defensive coordinator Keith Butler coached the Browns linebackers from 1999-02.
- Steelers wide receivers coach Richard Mann held the same position with the Browns from 1985-93.
- Steelers assistant head coach/defensive line coach John Mitchell spent three seasons (1991-93) in Cleveland coaching the defensive line.
- This will be the seventh time Cleveland has opened a season against Pittsburgh and the first since 2014.
- Based on number of tickets sold at Vivid Seats, Sunday’s game ranks as the No. 4 matchup of the season with an average ticket price of $144. Additionally, the Browns rank No. 8 of top teams of the season based on an average ticket price of $118, while the Steelers rank No. 12 with an average ticket price of $254.
- These two teams last squared in the regular season off on January 1, 2017, when the Steelers won 27-24 in overtime. It was a game that Cleveland definitely should have won, based on how they played and the fact that Landry Jones was the Steelers’ starting quarterback. Exasperating things more, Cleveland hit a go-ahead field goal in overtime, but then Pittsburgh won it with a 26-yard touchdown pass to Cobi Hamilton.