The NFL Pro Bowl is Sunday, and although not many people will care about the game, the players do get to take part in some fun activities in the week leading up to the all-star game. As you should recall, the lone representative for the Cleveland Browns this year is MLB Joe Schobert, who was tied for the league-lead in tackles.
Here are some highlights from Schobert’s week down in Orlando.
- He got to talk with one of his childhood idols, RB LaDanian Tomlinson, about rebuilding the Browns.
- He held an AMA session on Browns Reddit during the week. Someone asked for his thoughts on the 0-16 parade, and he said the following: “I didn’t really appreciate the parade, but I can understand it from a fan’s perspective. It’s disappointing when your team isn’t able to win, but trust me it’s way more disappointing from a players perspective to not be able to get a win for the city.”
- His estimated win count for the Browns next season is at least 8 wins. During the offseason, he wants to work on having a “better overall understanding of schematics and what other teams are trying to do,” as well as improving his speed.
- Someone asked what he’s heard about going up against a Todd Haley offense. Schobert said, “From what I’ve heard he’s somewhat of a hard ass and disciplinarian. Which will be a lot of fun to go against and piss off in practice!”
- Here is Schobert signing merchandise for charity auctions:
#Browns Pro Bowler @TheSchoGoesOn53 just stopped by to sign for us after practice! All proceeds from of our signings go to charity! https://t.co/7xq49gBine @Browns #ProBowl2018 pic.twitter.com/UHRozxqy75— NFL Auction (@nflauction) January 24, 2018
- He also visited Browns’ Youngstown Youth Flag Football Association team at the NFL FLAG Championship in Orlando.
- And then he actually coached the Baltimore Ravens’ 13-14 year old girls Championship game.
- Here he is posing with Mike Singletary, who has been connected over the past two years with potential interviews with Cleveland: