The Browns are at home this week to take on the Chargers in Week 6. Here are some nuggets about Sunday’s contest, as well as how you can watch or listen to the game.
- Game Time/Date: Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 1:00 PM ET
- Location: FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH
- TV Channel: CBS - Spero Dedes (play-by-play) & Adam Archuleta (analyst)
- Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM)
- Online streaming: FuboTV
- Weather: 57 degrees (feels like 55). 0% chance of precipitation, 7 MPH wind from the Southeast.
- Odds: Browns by 1 point.
- Over/under: 47
The areas in GREEN will get to watch the game live, per 506sports:
There is no word on what uniforms the Browns will wear today, but the team will recognize former Browns LT Joe Thomas for his consecutive snaps streak:
Interesting Stats / Notes
- QB Baker Mayfield - Rookie QB Baker Mayfield completed 25 of 43 passes for 342 yards and one touchdown in the overtime win over the Ravens. His passing yards total is the second most by a Browns rookie and the victory made him the sixth QB selected No. 1 overall to win his first-career home start in the common draft era.
- DE Myles Garrett - With a half-sack, could be the first Brown to do so in four consecutive games since Desmond Bryant in 2012
- The Browns have played three overtime games this year, their most in a season since 1989 when the team played in four. The three games tie with the 2002 Buffalo Bills, 1995 Indianapolis Colts and 1987 Green Bay Packers for the most such games in a team’s first five games of a season.
- Browns senior offensive assistant Al Saunders served as the head coach of the Chargers from 1986-88. Prior to being named head coach, Saunders was the team’s WRs coach and assistant head coach from 1983-85.
- Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn spent two seasons (2007-08) as the Browns RBs coach.
- Chargers WR Travis Benjamin was originally selected by the Browns in the fourth round of the 2012 draft. He set multiple Browns punt return records before signing with San Diego in 2016.
- Browns director of strength and conditioning Larry Jackson was the Chargers’ assistant strength and conditioning coach last season.
- LB James Burgess Jr. was a member of the Chargers’ practice squad during the 2016 season and LB D’Juan Hines was signed by the Chargers as an undrafted free agent this offseason. Hines spent the first two weeks of this season on the Chargers’ practice squad.
- Chargers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt served as Cleveland’s special teams coordinator in 1999 and Chargers RBs coach Alfredo Roberts was the Browns TEs coach from 2007-08.
- Chargers QBs coach Shane Steichen was an offensive quality control coach for the Browns in 2013 and Chargers offense quality control coach Dan Shamash was an offensive assistant for the Browns from 2009-10.
- The Browns have a 9-16-1 all-time record against the Chargers.
- The last time these two teams met was on December 3, 2017, when the Chargers beat the Browns 19-10. It was a tight game at halftime, but the Browns couldn’t answer the Chargers’ 10 points in the third quarter.