- Jabrill Peppers does not fear Hue Jackson’s impact on the Bengals (cleveland.com) - Jabrill Peppers doesn’t think Hue Jackson’s presence on the Bengals’ sideline Sunday stop the Browns’ from their mission in Cincinnati.
- Gregg Williams tells a coaching story Paul Brown would love (ohio.com) - Every now and then one remembers why stadiums in Massillon and Cincinnati are named after Paul Brown. This is such a weekend, and Gregg Williams seems to understand it all.
- 10 things to know about Browns vs. Bengals (clevelandbrowns.com) - Here are 10 things to know about Sunday’s game between Cleveland and Cincinnati.
- Ravens, Colts have inside track to final AFC playoff spot (ESPN) - Barring a collapse of epic proportions, five of the AFC’s playoff spots seem close to being locked down. Kansas City leads the pack with nine wins, while Pittsburgh, New England, Houston and the Los Angeles Chargers have seven wins apiece. The sixth and final spot in the AFC is up for grabs, with Baltimore, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Cincinnati and Miami with identical 5-5 records. Which team will break out and grab the final spot? Here’s a closer look.
- Sam Darnold to miss second straight game (NY Post) - The Jets version of “Play it again, Sam” will have to wait at least another another week. Rookie quarterback Sam Darnold officially was ruled out for the second straight game Sunday against New England after not participating in practice for the third straight day this week due to a strained right foot.
- Marcus Mariota expected to start on Monday (titansonline.com) - Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota was a full participant in Friday’s practice and he’s expected to start on Monday against the Texans.
- Chiefs expect Eric Berry back soon (Kansas City Star) - Here’s something new: Eric Berry will almost certainly practice this coming week for the first time in more than 100 days. The jokes about seeing Sasquatch and getting better every day without actually getting better can end, sort of.