- Offensive linemen shaken by Bob Wylie’s injury (Browns Zone) - The offensive linemen postponed their gift exchange Friday because position coach Bob Wylie was in the hospital after his ankle broke Thursday during practice. The delay gives the players time to get another present.
- Special teams key in Browns surge (ohio.com) - Check out six Browns special teams misadventures that drove Hue Jackson to Cincinnati. Read a fascinating observation from Amos Jones about how the reshaped coaching staff is doing business.
- Browns taking business-like approach to rematch with Bengals (clevelandbrowns.com) - or the past few years, especially within their rivalry against the Bengals, the Browns were the ones taking the heat after a disappointing loss. They flipped that dynamic in Week 12, though. The Browns didn’t just beat Cincinnati, they did so in resounding fashion, just like Damarious Randall predicted.
- Browns have the brightest future in the NFL (The Guardian) - The team were a laughing stock not so long ago but the team’s new-found energy and competitive spirit is embodied by their quarterback, Baker Mayfield
- John Harbaugh, Ravens working on extension (baltimoreravens.com) - John Harbaugh will continue as the Baltimore Ravens head coach for the 2019 season, and the two sides are working on an extension to his existing contract, which expires after the 2019 season.
- Ranking the quarterbacks from the past four drafts (NFL.com) - Two years after former Browns executive Sashi Brown made the unpopular decision to pass on Carson Wentz, the Browns have a younger, potentially better quarterback in place. This is not an article defending the analytically driven tenure of Sashi, just one that recognizes that the process behind passing up on Wentz eventually resulted in the Browns finally finding their chosen one.
- Nick Foles future: the contract and potential suitors (ESPN) - Nick Foles is used to uncertainty. It’s kind of his thing. He’s gone from starter to backup, from nearly retired to Super Bowl MVP. He thought his playing days in Philly were over, only to regain the reins last week when a stress fracture was found in Carson Wentz’s back. It’s only fitting that Foles will head into this offseason with more questions than answers.
- Bill Belichick snipes at reporters over Josh Gordon (USA Today) - New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick addressed the media Friday for the first time since the NFL announced it is suspending wide receiver Josh Gordon indefinitely.