The NFL Draft might be ending, but the fun hasn’t ended yet. The media, along with the players themselves, are about to start reporting on the undrafted free agents who teams are trying to sign. Listed below will be players who have been rumored to have been contacted and signed by the Browns. Also, use this as an open thread to discuss any players we sign, or who you want signed.
The Browns had 69 players on their roster heading into the draft and were projected to draft 9 players. With 78 players total, the maximum they are allowed to have is 90 players. Therefore, the Browns could try to sign about 12 players tonight, but will also invite a lot of others to rookie minicamp for tryouts. Rookie minicamp for the Browns will take place from May 4-6.
List of Cleveland Browns Undrafted Free Agents or Tryouts
Note: Until the Browns do a press release in a few days, none of these are officially confirmed. Some of them will just be tryouts. We used to have separate sections denoting signed vs. tryout, but the truth is it’s too hard to tell these days. Sometimes, players have handshake deals with teams, only to sign with another team. It is a crapshoot.
Refresh often, as we will be updating this thread as news comes out.
- FB Garrett Dickerson - Northwestern - 6-2, 245 lbs. (Source) TRYOUT
- WR Da’Mari Scott - Fresno State - 6-0, 211 lbs. (Source)
- WR Derrick Willies - Texas Tech - 6-4, 210 lbs. (Source) TRYOUT?
- WR Darvin Kidsy Jr - North Texas - 6-0, 183 lbs. (Source) TRYOUT?
- TE Charles Standberry - Louisville - 6-3, 243 lbs. (Source) TRYOUT
- OT Desmond Harrison - West Georgia - 6-6, 292 lbs. (Source)
- OL Erick Wren - Oklahoma - 6-2, 308 lbs. (Source)
- OL Christian DiLauro - Illinois - 6-5, 300 lbs. (Source)
- OL Trevor Darling - Miami - 6-5, 315 lbs. (Source) TRYOUT
- C Freddie Burden - Georgia Tech - 6-3, 302 lbs. (Source) TRYOUT*
*Was undrafted in 2017.
- DT Trenton Thompson - Georgia - 6-3, 288 lbs. (Source)
- DT Zaycoven Henderson - Texas A&M - 6-1, 298 lbs. (Source)
- DT Daniel Ekuale - Washington State - 6-3, 299 lbs. (Source)
- DT Drew Bailey - Louisville - 6-5, 294 lbs. (Source)
- LB D.J. Calhoun - Arizona State - 6-0, 225 lbs. (Source)
- DB Montrel Meander - Grambling State - 6-3, 180 lbs. (Source)
- S Elijah Campbell - Northern Iowa - 5-10, 196 lbs. (Source)
- S/KR Evan Berry - Tennessee - 5-11, 205 lbs. (Source)
- S Micah Hannemann - BYU - 5-11, 191 lbs. (Source)
- P Michael Carrizosa - San Jose State - 5-10, 225 lbs. (Source) TRYOUT
- LS Nick Seme - Ohio State - 6-3, 250 lbs. (Source) TRYOUT
There were three players from the list above who the Browns brought in as part of their 30 visits to Berea: WR Da’Mari Scott, OT Desmond Harrison, and DT Zaycoven Henderson. Harrison was projected as a 5th-6th rounder, Henderson as a 6th-7th rounder, and Scott as a 7th rounder. LS Nick Seme was also part of the team’s local Pro Day.
DL Trenton Thompson had a 4th round grade, per Dane Brugler of NFL Draft Scout.
John Dorsey’s Message
We also know that GM John Dorsey does something unique by sending special video packages to potential undrafted free agents before the draft in an attempt to gain their allegiance.
One of my favorite quirks about John Dorsey, Browns GM: As far as I know, he's the only NFL exec who sends recruiting videos to potential undrafted FAs before the draft. The 1st part is personalized to the player, and lauds his career. This is the rest. Kinda gets you jacked up! pic.twitter.com/3Bbo7nabsy— Robert Klemko (@RobertKlemko) April 26, 2018