On the eve of OTAs beginning, the 19th annual Cleveland Browns Foundation Golf Tournament took place Monday morning with Jimmy and Dee Haslam, Hue Jackson, and many current and former players in attendance. Let’s run down what happened.
Before golfing, everyone enjoyed breakfast. Notably, quarterbacks Tyrod Taylor and Baker Mayfield were together, both having seats at the head coach’s table.
Jimmy and Dee Haslam began by speaking of charitable causes, and the benefits that come from holding such an event. Then, it was Hue Jackson’s turn to take over the mic, where he said that this is the most talented team he’s had in three years of being here. He thanked GM John Dorsey and his staff for the talent they have assembled in preparation for OTAs beginning tomorrow, where players can start “getting after it.”
How Tyrod Taylor Found Out About Baker Mayfield
Josh Gordon’s Pants a Big Hit
- WR Antonio Callaway and CB Denzel Ward are OK health-wise to participate in OTAs tomorrow.
- Despite being retired, LT Joe Thomas is still hanging around:
- And Thomas’ golf game is on point:
- DE Myles Garrett had some fun talking about the Browns’ selections on draft night this year. He says that he called the first five picks of the draft, which would make him a way better mock drafter than all of us.
- OLB Jamie Collins striking the ball. He appears to be over the injury that kept him out the second half of last season.
- OG Joel Bitonio will just be playing left guard as far as he knows, per Daryl Ruiter of 92.3 the Fan.
- Charity was the foundation of everyone being there, of course — here is QB Baker Mayfield with kids.