Day 2 of Cleveland Browns mandatory minicamp took place Wednesday. Earlier in the day, the club had announced they were moving the start of practice from 3 PM to 2 PM. Let’s take a look at what went down!
BROWNS’ MINICAMP RECAP - DAY 2 (WEDNESDAY)
1. Landry Shines Again: At least for the offseason programs and minicamp, WR Jarvis Landry is showing why Cleveland acquired him. After a stellar opening day on Tuesday, he was back at it Wednesday, with “one of the better catches you’ll see” on a practice field.
At the end of today’s practice Jarvis Landry made maybe the best catch I’ve seen on these practice fields. On one of the best thrown deep balls I’ve seen. See y’all in Atlanta.— Zac Jackson (@AkronJackson) June 13, 2018
2. Leaders on Offense: After practice, head coach Hue Jackson cited QB Tyrod Taylor, RB Carlos Hyde, WR Jarvis Landry, LG Joel Bitonio, and RG Kevin Zeitler as being the leaders on offense. That’s a good sign when you hear three of those players are brand new with prominent roles, knowing how that can completely change the dynamic of the team (for the better).
3. Rookie Connection: Here is a nice shot of the Browns’ top offensive rookies this year: QB Baker Mayfield floats a pass to RB Nick Chubb, coming out of the backfield:
4. Gordon Looking Smooth: This is the first year that WR Josh Gordon has ever been through the team’s full offseason program. It’s ridiculous to think about that, but let’s be thankful that he finally appears to be staying on the straightened arrow.
5. SURPRISE! Summer Starts Early: Thursday was supposed to be the final day of the Browns’ three-day minicamp, but head coach Hue Jackson has decided to give them the day off. Summer break has officially begun for the players, and they’ll be back when training camp rolls around.
6. Brownies: Head coach Hue Jackson has already begun preparation for Week 1 against the Steelers. ... Ben Axelrod of WKYC gave rookie CB Denzel Ward credit for strong coverage on WR Jarvis Landry during a goal line drill. ... Jackson said that QB Tyrod Taylor has earned the right to be Cleveland’s starting quarterback.