In the spirit of us looking at the Browns’ current quarterbacks as part of our training camp preview, let’s take a look at which former Browns quarterbacks are still hanging around in the NFL.
- QB Josh McCown, New York Jets - He is playing on a 1-year, $10 million deal and is expected to start in front of Sam Darnold after a bit of a resurgence in 2017.
Competing for Backup Spots
- QB Robert Griffin III, Baltimore Ravens - After being out of the league all of 2017, he is competing to be the Ravens’ backup to Joe Flacco, but Baltimore also drafted Lamar Jackson at the end of the first round.
- QB Brock Osweiler, Miami Dolphins - In the sinking ship that is the Miami Dolphins, it seems like the perfect spot for Osweiler to compete for a spot.
- QB Cody Kessler, Jacksonville Jaguars - Traded to the Jaguars, Kessler is actually in a really good spot right now. Playing behind Blake Bortles, the team’s only other quarterback on the roster right now is sixth-round pick Tanner Lee.
- QB DeShone Kizer, Green Bay Packers - Traded to the Packers, it was a great shot for him to be the direct backup to Aaron Rodgers. But neither he nor Brett Hundley have gotten good reviews this offseason.
- QB Kevin Hogan, Washington Redskins - After the departure of Kirk Cousins, Washington re-tooled their quarterback room by acquiring Alex Smith. Who else is in that quarterback room?
- QB Colt McCoy, Washington Redskins - Smith, McCoy, and Hogan. Nice.
- QB Brian Hoyer, New England Patriots - After the Patriots traded Jimmy G, they got Hoyer back, where he has the great job of sitting behind Tom Brady and trying to get a ring.
- QB Austin Davis, Seattle Seahawks - He will compete for a backup spot behind Russell Wilson, only facing competition with a seventh round pick from this year.
- QB Brandon Weeden, Houston Texans - Really? He’s back with the Texans again? You learn something new every day.
Off the Grid
- QB Derek Anderson - After being the Panthers’ backup for a long time, he is now a free agent, and possibly could be retired.
- QB Johnny Manziel - He is a CFL star now.
- QB Connor Shaw - He is now a tight ends coach at Furman University.
Is there anyone we missed?