- Duke Johnson would embrace Browns signing Adam Jones (cleveland.com) - Duke Johnson and Christian Kirksey would both love the Browns to sign Adam Pacman Jones, who worked out for the club Friday.
- Denzel Ward off to an impressive start (AP) - Denzel Ward gets things done quickly. One of the rookie cornerback’s first goals was to earn a starting job. Check. Next was paying off the mortgage on his mom’s house. Check. Then it was signing his NFL contract and reporting to training camp on time. Done. Now he wants to help the Browns win. OK, that may take a minute.
- “Pick your poison,” one running back says (Canton Repository) - The three intriguing men who will make up the Browns’ running backs platoon weigh in on where they are in camp, and where they are going.
- Jason Verrett suffers torn Achilles, out for ‘18 season (NFL.com) - NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday that Los Angeles Chargers cornerback Jason Verrett suffered a torn Achilles during his conditioning test that will knock him out for the season, according to sources informed of the situation. The Chargers confirmed the nature of the injury and added that Verrett will undergo further testing on Saturday.
- Jets hold first practice without quarterback Sam Darnold (ESPN) - The New York Jets conducted their first training camp practice Friday without quarterback Sam Darnold, the team’s first-round pick.
- Rams get permission to wear throwbacks five times in 2018 (PFT) - The Rams have resisted unveiling new uniforms until they open their new stadium in 2020. The NFL has now softened its rules to give the team the ability to embrace the yellow-and-blue uniform previously worn in L.A., through the team’s victory in Super Bowl XXIV while operating out of St. Louis.
- Tennessee’s Taylor Lewan celebrates contract extension in style (Titans Online) - A cigar in his mouth, Taylor Lewan walked out the door with a white Boss Hogg suit and hat on Friday, looking like he was straight off the set from the old “Dukes of Hazzard” show. Earlier in the day, the left tackle signed a new contract extension with the Titans.