Things got intense with punches thrown on the second-to-last day of Browns practice being open to the public. Our full practice report summary is below.
Cleveland Browns Training Camp Report - Day 14 (8/14/18)
1. Fight Day! Tempers were flaring among coordinators on Monday, but on Tuesday, it was the players who were mixing it up with three different fights taking place. According to Zac Jackson of The Athletic, the first punch of camp landed when DB Jeremiah McKinnon going up against WR Jeff Janis. Then, Scott Petrak of the Chronicle-Telegram said the second skirmish was between LB Brady Sheldon and DB Briean Boddy-Calhoun on a kickoff.
The third and final fight was the most notable, when WR Jarvis Landry and CB Terrance Mitchell got into it. Landry reportedly thought that Mitchell stepped on him, and then got up and threw the football at Mithcell’s head from close range. Mary Kay Cabot of the Plain Dealer later said that Mitchell stepped over Landry.
Here are video clips of all three fights:
#Browns camp fights today, in order:— Pat Chiesa (@PatChiesa) August 14, 2018
Jeff Janis vs. Jeremiah McKinnon
Briean Boddy-Calhoun vs. Brady Sheldon
And the main event... Jarvis Landry vs. Terrance Mitchell#DawgPound #3Browns @wkyc @WKYCSports pic.twitter.com/sTiwDMejVS
2. Mayfield Gets Caught: Per Zac Jackson of The Athletic, there were a couple of hiccups from QB Baker Mayfield on Tuesday:
Baker Mayfield just got pick sixed by Jermaine Grace. Peppers would have done the same two plays earlier if he’d have caught the ball.— Zac Jackson (@AkronJackson) August 14, 2018
Another reporter also joked about almost being able to catch a sideline pass from Mayfield himself.
3. Drill of the Day: Here are the running backs working on their footwork.
4. Riding the Bike: Players with the day off included DE Myles Garrett, LB Jamie Collins, and QB Drew Stanton. What is funny is that Hue Jackson has talked about not favoring certain players with days off, but he is definitely doing that.
Berea brigade: DL Daniel Ekuale, RG Kevin Zeitler, TE Seth DeValve, DE Myles Garrett, DB EJ Gaines & LB Jamie Collins #Browns— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) August 14, 2018
5. Receivers Making Plays: WR Rashard Higgins continues to thrive at camp, catching a deep touchdown pass from QB Tyrod Taylor, per Daryl Ruiter of 92.3 the Fan. WR Damion Ratley caught a deep pass a little later from QB Baker Mayfield.
And here is more of a quick hitter from Taylor to WR Antonio Callaway.
6. Onside Kick Work: The kickers got a little bit of work in practicing onside kicks:
7. Brownies: A total of 128 puppies have been adopted at the Browns Puppy Pound at training camp this year. ... Brad Paisley visited practice and spoke with the team during the final huddle. ... WR Dez Bryant will be coming for a visit on Thursday. ...
8. Next Up: The Browns’ final practice open to the public is Wednesday from 2:35 PM to 5:30 PM.