- Josh Gordon never lost trust of Browns (clevelandbrowns.com) - Browns head coach Hue Jackson said Josh Gordon never lost his trust, but the wide receiver will need to meet the organization’s expectations going forward. Gordon, who continues to recover from a public struggle with addiction, returned to the team Saturday following a leave of absence to focus on his mental and physical well-being.
- Dez Bryant no longer on the front burner for Browns (cleveland.com) - Dez Bryant is no longer on the front burner for the Browns, but not because Josh Gordon has returned to the team, a league source told cleveland.com.
- NFL clearly has a hand in Josh Gordon’s return (Pro Football Talk) - The sense still lingers that the league has had a hand in this situation, despite the apparent effort to create the impression that the league has nothing to do with Josh Gordon’s return.
- Browns fans embrace tight end Devon Cajuste (Canton Repository) - Devon Cajuste’s nickname is “Juice,” and everyone in the stadium seemed to know it. Fans’ awareness of Cajuste increased exponentially when he was featured as “the longshot” in HBO’s latest episode of Hard Knocks. HBO focused on his relationship with his supportive father, who has survived brushes with death and has been in Cuyahoga County to support Devon’s bid to make the team.
- Cowboys David Irving defends marijuana use (Dallas Morning News) - It’s been a rough offseason for Cowboys defensive lineman David Irving. Adding onto it, Irving took to Instagram on Friday to open up more on his issues with substance abuse and even claimed he’s been medicated in every game he’s been in.
- Carson Wentz cleared for 11-on-11 drills (NFL.com) - The Philadelphia Eagles’ plan to ease Carson Wentz’s return to the field took another positive step. Wentz, who is returning from a from a torn ACL and LCL suffered in December 2017, has been cleared for 11-on-11 team drills but not for contact, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of the situation.
- Andy Reid reflects on Patrick Mahomes’ development (Arrowhead Pride) - In case you haven’t noticed, Kansas City is on fire today. Patrick Mahomes long touchdown pass to Tyreek Hill in Friday night’s game against the Falcons is on everyone’s mind. While I was out on Saturday morning, people who know nothing about pro football were discussing NextGen stats, Aaron Rodgers and Sammy Baugh with the authority of experts.