Tonight, the Browns are on the road to take on the Lions in their fourth and final preseason game of the year. Here are some nuggets about Thursday’s contest, as well as how you can watch or listen to the game.
Game Time/Date: Thursday, August 30, 2018 at 7:00 PM ET
Location: Ford Field, Detroit, MI
TV Channel: WEWS, Channel 5 - Jay Crawford (play-by-play) & Tim Couch (analyst), and Dustin Fox & Bernie Kosar (sideline analysts)
Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM)
Online streaming: NFL Game Pass
Weather: 72 degrees (feels like 72). 0% precipitation. Winds from ENE at 8 MPH.
Odds: Lions by 2 points.
The NFL Network will broadcast the game LIVE, except in the following areas, where you will have to watch on your local affiliate:
Jay Crawford, Tim Couch
WEWS (ABC/5 - Cleveland)
WBNS (CBS/10 - Columbus)
WTOL (CBS/11 - Toledo)
WYTV (ABC/33 - Youngstown)
WHIO (CBS/7 - Dayton)
Matt Shepard, Chris Spielman
WJBK (FOX/2 - Detroit)
WNEM (CBS/5 - Saginaw)
WSYM (FOX/47 - Lansing)
WXMI (FOX/17 - Grand Rapids)
WFQX (FOX/32 - Traverse City MI)
WUPW (FOX/36 - Toledo OH)
WJMN (CBS/3 - Escanaba MI)
The NFL Network will re-broadcast the Lions-Browns game on Saturday (Sept. 1) at 12 PM ET.
- Browns TE Darren Fells and QB Drew Stanton each have played for the Lions at some point in their careers. Fells was acquired by Cleveland this past offseason after starting 13 of 16 games for Detroit in 2017, while Stanton was a second-round draft pick by the Lions in 2007.
- Detroit DE Cam Johnson spent time on the Browns’ practice squad and active roster from 2015-17.
- Lions scout Jay Muraco got his start in the NFL as a volunteer in the Cleveland Browns personnel department from 1992-95.
- Lions defensive assistant Billy Yates (2009-10) and assistant OL coach Hank Fraley (2006-09) both played for the Browns.
- These two teams last squared off on November 12, 2017, in Detroit, when the Lions defeated the Browns 38-24. It was a wild game, with Cleveland actually jumping out to a 10-0 lead in the first quarter, including a touchdown pass from QB DeShone Kizer to WR Kenny Britt. Detroit responded with 17 unanswered, taking a 17-10 lead into the half. The Browns got off to another strong start to the third quarter, scoring two touchdowns to take a 24-17 lead. Matthew Stafford would go on to throw three touchdown passes en route to 21 unanswered points to finish off the game.
- This is the first Great Lakes Classic since Aug. 9, 2014, when the Lions captured the barge with a 13-12 victory. Can the Browns re-claim the barge? This match-up also features the squaring off of the two 0-16 franchises in NFL history.