Cleveland Browns Training Camp Report - Day 10 (8/6/18)
1. Hot Weather Arrives: It has been a relatively cool camp thus far, but Day 10 of practice was a different story. Temperatures were in the low 90s, with it feeling like the mid-90s. It is also the start of a game week (Cleveland squares off against the New York Giants in just three days), so LB Christian Kirksey made sure all the players were still fired up and ready-to-go.
2. Receiver Reps: Now that WR Corey Coleman is gone, all eyes were on how the depth chart would look with the first-team offense. Per Jeff Schudel of the News Herald, WR Antonio Callaway and WR Rashard Higgins were the outside receivers, while WR Jarvis Landry was in the slot. The gravity of the receiver situation after Coleman’s trade is still to be determined, but seeing the names of those outside receivers makes you gasp for a second.
In team drills. Antonio Callaway and Rashard Higgins split wide with Jarvis Landry in the slot. #Browns— Jeff Schudel (@jsproinsider) August 6, 2018
3. First-Team Defensive Tackles: With DT Trevon Coley out and DT Caleb Brantley making his return, the first-team defensive tackles in practice were DT Jamie Meder and DT Larry Ogunjobi, according to reports.
4. MMA Stop in Berea: We saw UFC legend Chuck Liddell visit the Browns earlier this offseason. On Monday, FOX Sports’ Jay Glazer and MMA legend Randy Couture took in practice and talked with GM John Dorsey.
5. Who Heckles at Training Camp? Per Daryl Ruiter of 92.3 the Fan, some fans were heckling players and talking trash during practice:
We just had our first “run Forrest run” emanate from the peanut gallery behind me https://t.co/hh0PXrO5qs— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) August 6, 2018
6. Drone Shots: This is from a different day — but remember that drone I was talking about flying around Berea? Here is a sample of one of the nice shots it took:
Aerial Agents has been on set for HBO Hard Knocks with the Cleveland Browns and Building the Browns. We’ve shot hours of UAV video in Class B airspace (1 mile from Hopkins) Thank you to the @faa and @goingplaces_cle for being so helpful. Tune into Hard Knocks HBO on August 7th. pic.twitter.com/OopUpnaDvH— Aerial Agents (@aerialagents) August 6, 2018
7. Brownies: FB Danny Vitale left practice early with a calf injury. ... LB Genard Avery returned to practice. ... RB Carlos Hyde and RB Nick Chubb were trading reps with the first-team offense. ... DE Nate Orchard was the sub for DE Myles Garrett for some of the first-team team drills today. ... WR Rashard Higgins caught a deep touchdown pass from QB Tyrod Taylor. ... CB Terrance Mitchell jumped a pass by QB Baker Mayfield but couldn’t hang on to the interception. ... A total of 98 puppies have been adopted at the Browns Puppy Pound at training camp this year. ... Former Browns LT Joe Thomas found his own bobblehead.
8. Next Up: The Browns’ next practice is on Tuesday from 3:00 PM to 5:55 PM.