- Browns reduce roster to 53 players, waive Nate Orchard, Devon Cajuste (cleveland.com) - Hard Knocks darlings Nate Orchard and Devon Cajuste were among Browns players let go as part of the moves to reduce the roster to 53 players. The Browns also waived two 2017 draft picks in running back Matthew Dayes and defensive lineman Caleb Brantley.
- John Dorsey keeps 28 newcomers on initial roster (ohio.com) - The Browns aren’t kidding when they say they aren’t the same team that went 1-31 the past two seasons under coach Hue Jackson. When General Manager John Dorsey trimmed the roster to 53 players by the NFL’s deadline at 4 p.m. Saturday, he kept 25 guys who were on the team last season. The other 28 have been acquired this year by Dorsey, who replaced former head of football operations Sashi Brown on Dec. 7.
- Top surprises from Browns roster cutdown (brownswire.com) - The initial 53-man Cleveland Browns roster is set after Saturday’s 4 p.m. deadline. Here are some of the decisions GM John Dorsey and his staff made which made me raise an eyebrow.
- Cleveland Browns: Baker Mayfield, Khalil Mack, Mychal Kendricks (cleveland.com) - The answer is ... yes. The question is ... have the Browns found a quarterback in Baker Mayfield The other answer is ... no. The question is ... how about playing Mayfield right now?
- How Khalil Mack changes the Bears (Chicago Tribune) - The landmark news surfaced early Saturday morning, a true September surprise. With the Bears needing to finalize their initial 53-man roster this weekend, general manager Ryan Pace again showed off his propensity to be bold. In what may go down as the second most significant move of Pace’s tenure as GM, the Bears agreed to trade for elite pass rusher Khalil Mack.
- Nick Foles to start Week 1 for the Eagles (nj.com) - From the moment it was revealed that Carson Wentz suffered a Torn ACL against the Rams in December, the debate about when the Eagles’ star quarterback would finally return raged on. This offseason, Wentz loudly, and proudly, stated that returning to play Week 1 against the Atlanta Falcons was his goal. That won’t happen — it was revealed that Nick Foles would return to start in Wentz’s place on Saturday — in a report by NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport — as he did in leading the Eagles to win Super Bowl last season.
- Raiders trade for quarterback A.J. McCarron (si.com) - The Raiders have reportedly traded for Bills backup QB AJ McCarron, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network. McCarron was rumored to be on the Bills’ bubble ahead of the NFL roster cut deadline. He sat behind Nathan Peterman and first-round draft pick Josh Allen on the possible depth chart.
- NFL cuts tracker (NFL.com) - The NFL preseason is over. The season is less than a week away from kicking off -- and that means it’s time for teams to trim their rosters. Here’s a team-by-team rundown of every player cut as NFL general managers trim their rosters to the mandatory 53-player limit by Saturday’s 4 p.m. ET deadline.