- Game Time/Date: Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 8:20 PM ET
- Location: FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH
- TV Channel: NFL Network - Joe Buck (play-by-play) & Troy Aikman (analyst)
- Local TV: WOIO - Channel 19 (CBS)
- Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM)
- Online streaming: FuboTV
- Weather: 80 degrees (feels like 84). 10% chance of precipitation, 9 MPH wind from the South.
- Odds: Browns by 3 points.
- Over/under: 40.5
The Browns are debuting their color rush uniforms:
The end zone will be painted with brown and orange stripes:
The first 30,000 fans will get a free truckers hat:
Interesting Stats / Notes
- RB Carlos Hyde - With a rushing touchdown, becomes the first Browns RB since Peyton Hillis in 2011 to have at least one rushing score in each of the first three games of a single season.
- The last time the Browns forced multiple fumbles in three consecutive games was Weeks 8, 10-11 in 2003.
- With any defensive player securing at least 2.0 sacks, it would be the first time in franchise history that a Browns player has at least 2.0 sacks in each of the first three games to start a season.
- The Browns forced two turnovers against the Saints last week. Paired with the six the team had Week 1 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, the team’s eight takeaways are the most by a Browns squad through the first two weeks of a season since 2001 (nine).
- Jets QB Josh McCown was with the Browns from 2015-16. He set the Browns single-game passing record with 457 passing yards on Oct. 11, 2015.
- Jets RB Isaiah Crowell spent the first four years of his career with the Browns (2014-17).
- Jets WR Terrelle Pryor spent 2015-16 with the Browns, leading the team in receiving in 2016 with 77 catches for 1,007 yards and four touchdowns.
- Jets DB Buster Skrine was a fifth-round pick by the Browns in 2011 and spent four years with the club.
- Jets head coach Todd Bowles spent four seasons (2001-04) coaching the Browns secondary.
- Jets assistant head coach/ILB coach Mike Caldwell played three seasons (1993-95) in Cleveland after joining the team as a third-round pick in 1993.
- Browns offensive coordinator Todd Haley’s first NFL job was with the Jets as a scouting department assistant from 1995-96 and a WR/offensive assistant 1997-2000.
- Browns DL coach Clyde Simmons started his coaching career in the NFL as an intern with the Jets in 2010.
- Browns OL coach Bob Wylie served as the Jets TE coach from 1990-91.
- Jets special teams coordinator Brant Boyer played for the Browns from 2001-03 and spent time with the Browns as a training camp coaching intern in 2009.
- Jets DL coach Robert Nunn held the same role with the Browns in 2016.
- The Browns have a 12-12 all-time record against the Jets.
- This is the Browns’ first regular season prime time game since November 2016.
- The last time these two teams met was on October 8, 2017, when the Jets beat the Browns by a final score of 17-14. It was the debut for DE Myles Garrett, who registered a sack on his first career snap. The Jets led 3-0 at the half, which led to Hue Jackson benching DeShone Kizer in favor of Kevin Hogan. Hogan led a touchdown drive, capping it off with a 2-yard pass to TE David Njoku to put Cleveland up 7-3. The Jets got 14 unanswered to lead 17-7, and RB Duke Johnson’s 41-yard touchdown catch-and-run with under two minutes to play made it 17-14. The onside kick failed, though, allowing the Jets to hold on.