- Jarvis Landry says Browns future is bright with Baker Mayfield (cleveland.com) - Jarvis Landry came alive when Baker Mayfield entered the game against the Jets, just like the rest of his teammates. ”Absolutely,’’ said Landry. “He (energized) the whole stadium. I’m sure you felt it.”
- The Browns are Mayfield’s team now and no one should be surprised (MMQB) - There we sat in the coaches meeting room at Oklahoma, watching tape of Mayfield’s first season with the Sooners compared to his last. It was like night and day ... if night is Big 12 Player of the Year and day is the Heisman. The Sooners coach made his pitch for Baker Mayfield, the eventual surprise No. 1 pick of the 2018 NFL draft.
- Browns sign linebacker D’Juan Hines (ohio.com) - The Browns swiped linebacker D’Juan Hines off the practice squad of the Los Angeles Chargers and waived defensive end Ifeadi Odenigbo to make room for Hines on the active roster.
- Briean Boddy-Calhoun has no role on defense (DPD) - The Cleveland Browns reconfigured their secondary this off-season, and the new talent has forced defensive back Briean Boddy-Calhoun into not having a role in Gregg Williams’ defense.
- Trouble brewing for Jimmy Garoppolo? (NFL.com) - This weekend’s showdown between Patrick Mahomes and Jimmy Garoppolo in Kansas City is a reminder of how quickly the crown of the NFL’s Next Big Thing can change hands.
- Steelers hope winning will drown out drama (ESPN) - No team knows drama quite like the Pittsburgh Steelers, who also know winning cures all. But Monday night’s game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is more than a chance to get the first victory of the year. A convincing performance can drown out the noise from outside the locker room.
- North Dakota’s favorite son returns to Eagles lineup (delaware.com) - Carson Wentz returns to his starting quarterback job Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field and the Eagles Nation rejoices. Among the most ecstatic will be the residents of this city of 120,000 and its environs, located about 1,400 miles from Philadelphia but equally smitten with the player inside jersey No. 11.
- Bills don’t know Wisconsin from Minnesota (12up.com) - So close, yet so far. To get their fans hyped for tomorrow’s matchup against the Minnesota Vikings, the Buffalo Bills’ official Twitter page posted a seemingly simple graphic of the team’s journey from Orchard Park to the Twin Cities. There was just one problem with the tweet-- the Bills thought Minneapolis was in Wisconsin.