- “Browns interview Jim Caldwell for head coach” (Browns.com) - “Caldwell, who has been an NFL head coach at two different points in a coaching career that dates back to 1977, is the second candidate to interview.”
- “Dorsey wants coach who’s ‘man of character’” (ESPN) - “That’s the biggest news that came from John Dorsey’s postseason assessment as he looks ahead to the 2019 season. The Browns ended the season at 7-8-1, but with much optimism about the future.
- “Gregg Williams impressed during interim gig but faces uphill climb to get permanent job” (C-T) - “Gregg Williams focused the Browns after the dysfunction, discord and defeats rampant under fired coach Hue Jackson.”
- “Baker Mayfield named PFF’s Offensive Rookie of the Year” (PFF) - “He had 41 Big Time Throws, the third-most in the entire NFL, and that’s a big reason why he broke the single-season rookie touchdown passes record with 27.”
- “So much has changed in a year! No one has to jump in Lake Erie!” (Pluto) - “I was watching some football people on ESPN talking about the eight NFL coaching vacancies... That’s right, 25 percent of NFL franchises are looking for a new coach.”
- “Hue Jackson could reunite with Mike Zimmer as Vikings might need to hire a new offensive coordinator” (CBS) - “A 3-36-1 record as the Browns’ coach apparently wasn’t enough to kill Hue Jackson’s job opportunities.”
“Injuries: Colts OL Ryan Kelly says he’ll play vs. Texans” (CBS) - “Indianapolis’ starting center was in and out of the lineup in the second of half of last week’s playoff-clinching win against the Tennessee Titans because of a neck injury.”
“Tomlin not pleased with Antonio Brown for abandoning team in ‘darkest hour’” (PFT) - “Tomlin said that Brown had lower-body soreness last Wednesday (particularly in his knee), and that he was given the day off. On Friday, Brown said he still had pain.”