For Super Bowl 53 between the New England Patriots and Los Angeles Rams, Americans are expected to bet $6 billion [source]. No bets are necessary here, though, we we continue to build our DBN trophy case of champions. This is the eighth year we are doing an official Pick’em.
NOTE: We still have our other season-long predictions contest going on here with Niners Nation. This post continues our annual trend as an individual site, though.
Leave your predictions for the following in the comments:
- Which team will win?
- What is the final score?
- Which player will be awarded MVP?
- Tiebreaker: What color will the liquid be that is poured on the winning coach?
- (Color Choices = Clear/Water, Yellow, Blue, Orange, Red, Green/Lime, or Purple)
Note: The winner will be determined by the order above, with more weight going to the first, then second, and then third criteria. In other words, if person #1 gets the winning team and final score correct and person #2 gets the winning team and MVP correct, person #1 will be deemed the winner.
- Super Bowl LII: Congrats to last year’s winner, metalgrinder, for correctly picking the Philadelphia Eagles and Nick Foles as the Super Bowl MVP. The final score of the game was 41-33. No one picked that on the dot, but metalgrinder came closest with a prediction of 34-30.
- Super Bowl LI: Browns MAINE-iac, for correctly picking the New England Patriots and Tom Brady as the Super Bowl MVP. The liquid bet was actually a push last year, so I went back to the closest score prediction since several people had the Patriots and Brady. The final score of the game was 34-28, and Browns MAINE-iac had it at 34-27.
- Super Bowl 50: Full Bred Dawg, for correctly picking the Denver Broncos and Von Miller as the Super Bowl MVP. He also correctly predicted orange as the color liquid to be poured on winning coach Gary Kubiak. Nobody got the final score correct, and there were several people who were all around 10-11 combined points from an accurate score.
- Super Bowl XLIX: troy145, for correctly picking the New England Patriots and predicted the final score exactly at 28-24. He did not pick Tom Brady as the MVP, but a shout out goes to Full Bred Dawg, who picked the Patriots, a score of 27-24, and Brady as the MVP.
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Red-Right-88, for correctly picking the Seattle Seahawks and was the closest to the final score, predicting 31-13. No one correctly picked Malcolm Smith as the MVP.
- Super Bowl XLVII: Alirenee, for correctly picking the Baltimore Ravens, MVP Joe Flacco, and was only off by four points with a predicted final score of 31-30.
- Super Bowl XLVI: Brownie’s Year, for correctly picking the New York Giants, MVP Eli Manning, and was only off by one point with a predicted final score of 20-17.